cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

How do you delete an account? Only options are, edit, inactive, report. There no entry in the account. Should be deleted easily.

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: How do you delete an account? Only options are, edit, inactive, report. There no entry in the...

Glad to have you here in the Community, @mehtapsimsek-us.

I can share some information about deleting an account in QuickBooks Online.

Are you trying to delete a bank account from your Chart of Accounts? If so, you can only delete an account if it's not associated with any transactions in QuickBooks Online.

To do that:

1. Click on the gear icon at the top.
  2. Under Your Company section, select Chart of Accounts (COA).
  3. Look for the account that you want to delete.
  4. In the Action column, choose the drop-down then click Delete.
  5. Click Yes when asked if you want to delete.

However, if you've used the account to some of your transactions, then you can make the account inactive to ensure that your transactions will still show up on your reports.

Let me guide you how:

1. Select the Gear icon on the Toolbar.
  2. Under Your Company, choose Chart of Accounts.
  3. Find the account you want to delete.
  4. Select the drop-down in the Action column, then choose Make Inactive.
  5. Select Yes to confirm.

To get more information about this process, you may check out this article: How to delete an account or restore a deleted account.

Also, to learn more about dealing with accounts that are no longer use in QuickBooks Online, please refer to these articles:

In case you need further assistance with this process, feel free to get in touch with our Customer Care Team

These resources should brighten up your day.

Let me know if you have any other questions with this concern or any QuickBooks related thing. I'm always here to lend a helping hand. Have a great day.