Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

How do you invite your accountant?

5 REPLIES
Established Community Backer ***

Re: How do you invite your accountant?

1. Sign in to your QuickBooks Online company.
  2. Click on the Gear Icon > Manage Users.
  3. Go to the Accountants section and click Invite Accountant.
  4. Enter your accountant's email address and first/last name (optional). They will receive an email with a link for signing in to your company.
  5. They will be asked to create a user ID before signing in the first time, unless they already have an account with Intuit Business Services.
  6. Until your accountant signs in, their status on the Manage Users page is "Invited." After accepting the invitation, their status changes to "Active."
  7. Click Next and Finish.
Experienced Member

When I do as described, click on Gear icon and then select Manage Users, I do not see any Accountants section. My only choice is Add a new user, which is not appropriate for accountants.

How do I get to the Accountants section?

QuickBooks Team

Hello vpanama,

Piled-up cache files can sometimes cause display issues in QuickBooks Online. Let's do some browser troubleshooting steps to get rid of any cache-related issues:

1. Log in to your QuickBooks Online account using a private browser and add your accountant from there.
  2. If you can do it successfully, you can go back to your regular browser and clear the cache storage.
  3. You can use other support browsers, too.

Let me know how this goes. I'll be around if you need further assistance with this.

Experienced Member

Hi ,

I didn’t have time to follow up immediately, but today I did and it does not work either.

I opened a private Chrome page, logged in and got to https://c35.qbo.intuit.com/app/homepage

Then I clicked the gear icon and chose Manage Users which brought me to https://c35.qbo.intuit.com/app/usermgt

There is nothing to add an accountant. When I click on Add User, the choices are Standard User, Company Admin and Time Tracking.

Just as before.

Then I deleted the cookies and browsing history although I really would have liked to keep it.

Clicked on gear icon again, then Manage Users. No Accounting Firm section.

I cannot waste so much time with this software. If it doesn’t work out of the box I will have to ask for my money back.

Best regards

Volker Piasta

QuickBooks Team

Thank you for your reply, Volker Piasta.

You've done the right steps to fix the issue so you can invite your accountant. Since you still don't see the option to do it, please give us a call. We can check why the option isn't there and help you fix it.

To get our contact number, click the Help icon in the upper right-hand corner. From there, select the Contact Us button.

I'll be around if you need anything else.