cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Contributor *

I am trying to duplicate a report that I have customized in Quickbooks Desktop. What reports show the "accounts" column? I can't find how to display that.

10 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: I am trying to duplicate a report that I have customized in Quickbooks Desktop. What reports ...

A warm welcome to the Community, heckhelm.

I can help you customize a report that shows the account column in QuickBooks Desktop.

I can provide you with easy steps on how you can show the account column on your customized reports in QuickBooks Desktop.

Here's how:

1. In the report screen, click Customize Report.
  2. Under Display, go to Columns and search for Account.
  3. Select Account.
  4. Hit OK.

If you want to show multiple accounts in the report, you can follow the steps below.

1. In the report screen, click Customize Report.
  2. Go to the Filters tab.
  3. Search for Account.
  4. Under Account, choose Multiple accounts.
  5. Select the accounts.
  6. Hit OK.

This article is a good reference: Customize reports in QuickBooks Desktop.

That's it! Let me know how it goes by leaving a reply below, I'm always here to help you out with customizing a report in QuickBooks Desktop.

Community Contributor *

Re: I am trying to duplicate a report that I have customized in Quickbooks Desktop. What reports ...

Hi,

Thanks for your response. I didn't explain my situation correctly. I know how to create the report in Quickbooks Desktop that will display the "Accounts" column.

What I want to know is how to create a report that will display the "Accounts" column in Quickbooks Online. Do you know how to do this?

QuickBooks Team

Thanks for additional information, heckhelm.

I'll show you how you can customize the reports in QuickBooks Online and add the Accounts column. Please follow these steps:

1. Open a report in the Reports menu.
  2. Click Customize in the upper-right hand corner.
  3. Scroll down to the Filter section and check the Account box.
  4. Click the drop-down arrow beside it if you want to select specific types of account.
  5. Click Run Report.

Please click the Reply button below if you have follow-up questions. 

Community Contributor *

Yes, thank you that works. One more question. Is it possible to display the Accounts column in the report? I don't see an option under view settings to display the Accounts column.

QuickBooks Team

Hello there, @heckhelm.

Please allow me to join the thread and help you add/display the Account column when running reports in QuickBooks Online (QBO).

You have to customize your report to display the Account column. Let me guide you how.

1. On the report's page, click on the small Gear icon beside the Export icon.
  2. Put a check-mark on Account to display the column on the report.
  3. Once done, click on Run report.

You can see attached screenshots for additional reference.

d2 add the account column.PNG

d2 column added.PNG

In addition, to learn more about customizing reports in QBO, you may check this article: How to customize reports.

You can always add a post/comment below if you have any other questions about running reports in QBO. I'm just a post away to help you!

Established Community Backer ***

Re: I am trying to duplicate a report that I have customized in Quickbooks Desktop. What reports show the "accounts" column? I can't find how to display that.

@heckhelm 

There are at least two accounts in every transaction; usually a source account and one or more target accounts.  Which account do you want?

Community Contributor *

I am running a P/L detail report but don't see accounts listed. 

Screen Shot 2019-04-19 at 4.21.06 PM.png

Highlighted
QuickBooks Team

Thank you for the detailed information and screenshot, @heckhelm.

I appreciate you following the steps above to get the right report showing the Account column. Allow me to join the conversation and share some insight regarding the Profit and Loss Detail Report.

At this time, adding Account as a column on the P&L Detail Report is unavailable. Since QuickBooks Online uses double entry accounting, there should be at least 2 accounts affected for every transaction.

You can find them under the Date and Split columns. To make it appear on the report, follow the steps provided by @Angelyn_T, except select those instead of Account.

For more in-depth information on this matter, check out this article: Customize your Profit and Loss report.

That should get you pointed in the right direction.

Let me know if you need anything else, I’m always here to help. Take care and have a pleasant day ahead!

Community Contributor *

Thank you for the info Khim. What kind of report did Angelyn run to display the accounts column?

QuickBooks Team

Jumping in to help you again, heckhelm.

Based on the screenshot shared by Angelyn, it's the Transaction List by Customer report. 

Please add another reply below in case you have additional questions about customizing reports in QuickBooks Online.