cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable
Solved

I change my Bank login and password but I can not update this information on QuickBooks 2015 (Mac), in order to use DirectConnet.

The “Change Password” option, located in the “Downloaded Transactions” bar is disabled (see attached image).

Best answer 12-10-2018

Accepted Solutions
Established Community Backer ***

The change password option is enabled if the bank support...

The change password option is enabled if the bank supports it.  If it doesn't you have to reenter the password.  What happens is people store the password in the Apple keychain - after that QB doesn't prompt for it when you connect.

To delete it from the keychain use Spotlight to locate the Keychain Access application.  Launch Keychain Access.  Click on Login for the keychain, All Items for the category, and then type BankingAccountPassword in the search field (no spaces).

Find the saved password for the bank in question (if you have multiple banks you'll see more than one). Select it and hit delete.  

The next time you connect to the bank QB will prompt you for the password.  You can save it in the keychain again then.

1 Comment
Established Community Backer ***

The change password option is enabled if the bank support...

The change password option is enabled if the bank supports it.  If it doesn't you have to reenter the password.  What happens is people store the password in the Apple keychain - after that QB doesn't prompt for it when you connect.

To delete it from the keychain use Spotlight to locate the Keychain Access application.  Launch Keychain Access.  Click on Login for the keychain, All Items for the category, and then type BankingAccountPassword in the search field (no spaces).

Find the saved password for the bank in question (if you have multiple banks you'll see more than one). Select it and hit delete.  

The next time you connect to the bank QB will prompt you for the password.  You can save it in the keychain again then.