cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
accounts2
Level 1

I have added a footer to the bottom of my invoice, but the invoice is two pages long and the footer is on both pages. How can I change this?

Added a footer to the bottom of my invoice and because it is two pages long the footer is on both pages? I only want it to show on the second page.Is this possible?
Solved
Best answer October 15, 2018

Best Answers
Rustler
Level 15

I have added a footer to the bottom of my invoice, but the invoice is two pages long and the footer is on both pages. How can I change this?

You can not, QB programmers do not do pagination

View solution in original post

38 Comments 38
Rustler
Level 15

You can not, QB programmers do not do pagination

Michael-B25
Level 1

This was MY question as well.  May I say (soapbox) that the lack of this simple thing is incredulous.  My invoices, 2 and 3 pages, look just STUPID with TOTALS items printing on every page, and not just the last page.
Rustler
Level 15

Been like that for years and years, same issue in desktop too
frank2
Level 1

It is absolutely ridiculous that this still has not been addressed.  I operate a law firm, and my invoices are typically more than one page.  To not be able to print the Totals on only the last page is absurd.  All billing programs have this capability.  It's all these small things that will drive me away from QB.  I urge QB to address the issues, and make QB have a function to not have the TOTALS items printing on every page, and not just the last page.
jamie3girls
Level 2

Agree with Frank.  It looks stupid on every page and they should fix it to only show on the last page!  Thank you!
nihar
Level 1

There is a 3rd party addon available which allows you to customize form printing in quickbooks. It’s pretty inexpensive addon as well. It’s called CCRQINVOICE.

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="http://ccrsoftware.com/adding-contract-pages-to-invoices/">http://ccrsoftware.com/adding-contract-pa...>

Check it out. Enjoy.
randystewa
Level 1

I hope they fix this before all my client leave Quickbooks.  It does make you look stupid sending out invoices with a bunch of stuff at the bottom of 2 or more pages when it only needs to be on the last page.  They seem to come up with a million upgrades but can't fix this one?  Makes alot of people wonder why they are still using Quickbooks.
leannefleck
Level 1

The lack of customization is soooo frustrating...
heather-kelley
Level 1

There is a box to check that the Total shows on last page only in the invoice customization. It is on the last tab called "Print." However, I noticed that adding a disclosure in layout designer prints on all pages and there is no way to set it to last page only.
Louis Enabosi
Level 1

I recommended Quickbooks Online to my office only to discover after purchase that you cannot customize your invoice to best standard and also the Tax Structure is frustrating. i feel so ashamed

GlinetteC

I'd sure feel the same way if I'm with your situation, Louis Enabosi.

I'll ensure to take note of your experience and pass this feedback to our developers. I'm sure they're working on to improve our products to meet our customers need. 

You can visit our QuickBooks Blog for new updates.

I'll be around if you need more help.

LIOSinNY
Level 3

March 2020 - STILL an issue! #epicfail

LIOSinNY
Level 3

April 2020 - STILL an issue. #epicfail

Angelyn_T
QuickBooks Team

Hello, @LIOSinNY.

I understand the importance of being able to show the footer details on just the last page of the invoices. I as well will pass along the information to our product developers so they might consider the feature in the coming updates and also know our customers' needs.

To stay current with the latest QuickBooks news and updates, feel free to visit our blog.

I'm also adding these articles to learn more about customizing invoices in QuickBooks Online: 

Tap on me if you have any other questions. I'm a few clicks away to help. Have a good day!

MissMary
Level 3

I have also been sending in suggestions to have this fixed for years.  I don't think anyone at QB really cares about who is using the product.  It is very hard to look professional with a tool that is not geared to a professional office.

praveenuduweriya
Level 2

This is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE! Why whould someone should go for ERP version of QB just for a basic feature? 

praveenuduweriya
Level 2

How long should we be waiting for?

@Angelyn_T wrote:

Hello, @LIOSinNY.

I understand the importance of being able to show the footer details on just the last page of the invoices. I as well will pass along the information to our product developers so they might consider the feature in the coming updates and also know our customers' needs.

To stay current with the latest QuickBooks news and updates, feel free to visit our blog.

I'm also adding these articles to learn more about customizing invoices in QuickBooks Online: 

Tap on me if you have any other questions. I'm a few clicks away to help. Have a good day!

Dveligurov
Level 1

I am starting a law office and like most lawyers I have multi page invoices. The advertising says this is geared towards legal professionals, but from what I can see they could not figure this one simple issue out for years and make it impossible for a lawyer to send out a professional looking invoice. 

So at this point any advise for a competitor product that allows you to print multi page invoices where the header and footer do not repeat on each page? At this point another $200 or $300 is nothing compared to looking like a joke to clients because I cant provide a normal looking  invoice. 

Dveligurov
Level 1

So does anyone have any advise for a competitors product?

I am an attorney starting a law practice, the advertising stated this is geared towards legal professionals which it clearly is not as most lawyers have multi page invoices. So at this point another $200 to $300 not to look like a joke when I am charging a client $2,000 to $3,000 is nothing. 

Look forward to hearing what other people use or plan to switch to. 

orlandobp01-gmai
Level 1

Almost in 2021 and even this problem can not be solved?

There is not technicians who can solve this SIMPLE problem?

@praveenuduweriya wrote:

How long should we be waiting for?

@Angelyn_T wrote:

Hello, @LIOSinNY.

EYF
Level 1

You can have the totals show on only the last page by editing your invoice template.

Go to "additional customization" and go to the "print" tab.

Then check off "Only show totals on last page". (See attached image.)

TheProduct_IsHardToLove
Level 2

What a gigantic crapfest this software is.  Xero maybe ?  I'm actively looking into it.

Alan chapmna
Level 1

Has this been fixed yet???

We are starting a trial of the software and noticed this issue almost immediately. 

Alan chapmna
Level 1

Hi,

Its December 2021 and it seems that this issue has still not been rectified.

We are starting a trial of this software and noticed this as a serious issue almost immediately. 

Unfortunately this small glitch make all invoice and estimates look very unprofessional. 

Need to get in touch?

Contact us