cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Experienced Member

Re: I just want to express how pathetic I think the usage limits are. It appears to be an obvious...

I am moving my clients back to desktop, definitely not using any QB payroll product as almost any outside provider is better, and back to remote login.  Essentially like I operated 10 years ago.  But it puts me and my client (you know, the kind folks paying the bill) back in control.  As we should be.  

Intuit acts like they own our books and they know better than we do.  The lack of respect I am shown stuns me each time.  They speak to me like I've never done accounting before, much less for 25 years.  When I phone in for help, to clean up something over which I have no control but should have all control, I'm "helped" by fools who do not know an asset account from an expense account.  They tell me to post a fix without understanding I'm moving a problem from the P&L to the Balance Sheet.  I can see the problem before I even post it, but that's their only recommendation.  And this little gem of "help" takes 30 minutes, because the folks answering the phones are apparently helping 20 of us at a time.

Thanks for that vote of confidence in the very people who have been selling your product for you for the last ten years.  You treat us like fools, we'll jump ship.  Not that Intuit cares one whit, as there's always new fools walking up the dock.  It's a software business, based on volume.  Think Big Mac, and you get where Intuit is going.

Don't even get me started on the text "help" conversation I had that insisted I have a "blessed day."  It appears I have no right to expect a secular experience when I ask for help.  "AJ" just shoves that right down my throat like we're sitting together at church, and when I point out that it's highly inappropriate in a business setting, he states, "That's my normal good bye to all clients."  Well, thanks, buddy.  What you do "normally," even if highly inappropriate, apparently carries more weight than respecting the rights of the client paying your paycheck.

Yeah.  I'm cranky.  Got the QBO flu.  It starts with a big headache and only gets worse.

Experienced Member

Re: I just want to express how pathetic I think the usage limits are. It appears to be an obvious...

Just as frustrated as everyone else with the new price hike.  I have been so frustrated with QBO lately...I just want to scream.  Unfortunately, I have been so busy trying to clean up a mess that was created by QBO people, that I don't have time to scream. 

Just converted a new client of mine who was on desktop over to QBO just to find out....they are going to have to pay the fee because they do have a large chart of accounts.  I am so frustrated....because during the conversion, we had payroll issues, because I used "Full Service"...DON'T DO THAT!  IT TAKES ALL CONTROL AWAY!  ...no one told me....that QBO payroll doesn't have the same power as QB Desktop, no one contacted me to talk about how things were going to be different....just send us the file and it will all be good.  Not so much!  So I had to deal with a frustrated client....finally got them talked down and a possible solution.....just to now have to tell them about the fee increase.  It looks like all my time was wasted transferring them off of desktop over to QBO.  Thinking about sending Intuit a bill for all my time spent so far on this one client, especially since I am going to have to move them back to desktop because of the new rate structure.  

INTUIT......anyone who uses QBO is not going to have 25 users....and if they do, they are going to go to an actual ERP program specifically designed for their company.  Also, don't sell something with the promises of "unlimited"....and in mid stream say "oopps...sorry, we really meant you have to get the advance module" to get "unlimited" for a rediculous price.  Why would anyone switch over from desktop?  

BRC
Established Community Backer ***

RE: It's a software business, based on volume. Think Big Mac, and you get where Intuit is going.

Intuit is a marketing company that happens to sell software.

It's like Tesla; Tesla is a technology company that happens to sell automobiles.

Experienced Member

Re: I just want to express how pathetic I think the usage limits are. It appears to be an obvious and unnecessary way to bilk users out of more money.

Quick books just lost my loyalty.

im not referring QB to anyone anymore like I use to.

As soon as I find something comparable  I'm leaving I don't care of it cost more.

QB please understand as small business owners we have plenty of fees, payments, and financial obligations we already pay to keep our businesses operating.

Thanks for ruining my confidence in you.

BTW this wont be the last time they raise the price....