cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Established Member

I some how added an charge to an expense account when creating an invoice last year. How can I cancel out that entry?

when creating an invoice last year, I accidentally created a Professional Fees expense account entry.  This is showing up on the year end Profit and Loss Report.  How can I correct this error?

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: I some how added an charge to an expense account when creating an invoice last year. How can ...

It's nice to have you here in the Community, @Doug11.

You may need to delete and recreate the invoice to correct the entry. Allow me to help guide you how.

First, locate and delete the invoice previously created. Before deleting the invoice, take note of the information and the date of the transaction.

1. Open the invoice.
  2. Click the drop-down arrow on the Delete icon beside Save.
  3. Select Save.a1 delete invoice.PNG

Once done, recreate the invoice with the correct information and the same date on the invoice deleted. Also, make sure to exclude the Professional Fees expense account.

You can read these articles to learn more about deleting and creating invoices in QBDT:

You're always welcome to add a post/comment if you have any other QuickBooks or invoice questions. I'll be always here to help you!