cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
ouistitine
Level 1

I want to downgrade my subscription to the basic plan. For that I need to remove the multiple currencies but it does not let me so. Please help me solve this.

5 Comments 5
LauraAB
QuickBooks Team

I want to downgrade my subscription to the basic plan. For that I need to remove the multiple currencies but it does not let me so. Please help me solve this.

Hello ouistitine,

That's a great question. I know it's important to make sure you're on the plan that works best for you and your budget. Downgrading is a feature that we introduced to QuickBooks Online earlier this year to better help our customers achieve that goal. One of the downgrading limitations, however, is multi-currency. Learn more by reading the downgrading your subscription article.

Once multi-currency is turned on, there isn't a way to turn it off. This is to ensure that transactions made while it was turned on are preserved correctly in the account as the feature draws on the currency exchange from Wall Street on Demand. You can read more about currency using the links below if you'd like to know more.

Creating a brand new account will get you to the QuickBooks Online subscription that you'd like, in this case. You'll be able to export and import some of your data from one account to the other so you don't have to completely re-enter everything. Or you can wait until the end of your fiscal year so that you can tie up loose ends before starting fresh.

Here are a few other articles with more information about what I've mentioned above.

Let me know if you have more questions. Enjoy your day!

Strawhataxa
Level 1

I never really used Multi currency in my bank accounts and now need to turn it off because I want to upload receipts

Strawhataxa
Level 1

Is there anyway to do this without having to redo entire company on Quickbooks

Fiat Lux - ASIA
Level 15

@Strawhataxa 

You should open a new QBO account

https://quickbooks.grsm.io/Canada

then you may have 2 options:

1. Utilize a 3rd party migration tool

https://transactionpro.grsm.io/qbo

2. Purchase a 3rd party migration service.

PatriciaT
QuickBooks Team

Hi Strawhataxa,

It's important to me that you can upload your receipts into your account. QuickBooks Online allows you to easily upload receipts with or without the multicurrency feature turned on. Here's an article to assist you with that: Capture and categorize receipts and bills

If you still need to turn your multicurrency feature off, you'd have to open a new account using the steps shared above on this thread.

Have a nice day!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us