cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Explorer *

INACCURATE DATES ON INVOICE REMINDERS

After creating invoices, my boss often decides to hold them to add more line items the following week, or hold them for a period of time for some other reason.  I will go in to these invoices and date them in the future.  For instance, an invoice originally dated 4/15 is going to be delayed to May 5 so I revised the date on the invoice.  However, when I later look at my Reminders, the original date shows up, not the later date I revised it to.  This makes my "Overdue Invoices" log inaccurate.

Can this be corrected?

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: INACCURATE DATES ON INVOICE REMINDERS

Thanks for reaching out to us about invoice reminders, @dddenise.

The Invoice reminder feature follows the set Term according to your invoice date. For example, an invoice created by 03/07/2019 with the Net 15 term will show 03/22/2019 as its due date.

For visualization, check out the screenshot below:

1.JPG

If you wish to update the Overdue Invoices log, make sure to review the invoice date and term of your transactions. On the other hand, once you verify that the reminder date is still off, you can run the Verify/Rebuild Tool. This tool allows QuickBooks to self-identify data integrity issues that can cause unusual behaviors and resolve them.

Here's how to Verify Data:

1. On the top menu, click File.
  2. Select Utilities.
  3. Click Verify Data.
    verify data.JPG
  4. Click OK when you see the message, QuickBooks detected no problem with your data.
  5. If Verify finds an issue with your data, you'll be prompted to Rebuild Now or View Errors.
  6. Click Close or View Errors and take note of the specific error message.

Here's how to Rebuild Data:

1. On the top menu, click File.
  2. Select Utilities.
  3. Click Rebuild Data.
    rebuild data.JPG
  4. Click OK if you receive a prompt to back up your company file.
  5. Click OK when you get the message, Rebuild has completed and proceed to the next step.
  6. Run Verify Data again to make sure there's no error.

Keep me posted on how these steps work out for you. I'm still here to help you more if you have follow-up concerns. Take care always.