cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

In QB online, how to run a P&L report summarized by class and actual vs budget in the columns? Can a third-party report-writer produce this report from QBO?

5 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: In QB online, how to run a P&L report summarized by class and actual vs budget in the col...

You can export two reports to get the data you need, skwang300.

At this time, QBO can only generate a Profit and Loss report by class. Adding the budget vs. actuals is not an option yet. I'd suggest exporting these reports to and Excel spreadsheet. Then, manually combine the data there.

Here's how:

1. Click Reports on the left panel.
  2. Type Profit & Loss by Class or Budget vs. Actuals in the search box.
  3. From the report, click the Export icon in the upper right-hand corner.
  4. Select Export to Excel.

Feel free to send a feature request for this option to be added in QBO. Here's the link to our feedback site: https://feedback.qbo.intuit.com/.

I'll be around if you need anything else.

PTJ
Experienced Member

Re: In QB online, how to run a P&L report summarized by class and actual vs budget in the col...

@SophiaAnnL - Is this option being worked on? Is QBO going to be allowing Budget vs Actuals by class? That would be very helpful. 

Highlighted
QuickBooks Team

Hello PTJ,

I appreciate you for getting back t us regarding the report you need. Allow me to chime in and help provide additional information about what I know with the reports available in QuickBooks Online.

We're taking note of all the requests from you and other users in this public forum. Please also know our product developers are currently hands-on with the product improvements and updates needed for QuickBooks.

To stay current on all QuickBooks news and updates, I'd recommend you visit the QuickBooks Blog website. Any new features, options, or reports will be on this website.

You can click the direct link I'm adding on this: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/blog/.

Keep in touch with me here should you have any additional questions or concerns regarding the available reports. I want to make sure you're taken care of.

Established Member

As much as Quickbooks Cost to operate, not having this option is IMHO inexcusable

QuickBooks Team

Hi there, @JImC50.

I personally want to make sure that your concern about reports gets addressed correctly. I also have a workaround to share so you can get the report you need.

In the meantime, you can export and combine your Profit & Loss report together with your Budget vs Actuals. This way, you can edit the column on the report and include the Budget vs Actuals data.

You may follow the steps provided by my colleague @SophiaAnnL above in exporting the report.

Don't worry, I'll let our engineers know of your suggestion regarding the customization of the Profit & Loss report in QuickBooks.

Please don't hesitate to tag me in your comment if you have any other concerns.