cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Frequent Explorer **
Solved

License Ownership/Upgrading to 2019

We recently purchased the QuickBooks Premier Plus Manufacturing and Wholesale Edition 2019 Upgrade. We were using 2015 or 2018, can't remember.

The problem is, the home office. That is the entire problem in a nutshell, but this:

The home office wants FOUR user access. We paid for the MAXIMUM OF FIVE, but they say that is not enough (we use TWO OF those license access in this office). I have other questions, but this is the most urgent. Is there some way to secure a sixth person access with this program?

Thank you all, as always. Loree

Best answer 05-15-2019

Accepted Solutions
Frequent Explorer **

Re: License Ownership/Upgrading to 2019

This I will do.

As long as I do not lose any capabilities I am required to do. Thank you immensely for your input! Smiley Happy

4 Comments
Established Community Backer ***

hi @loree.thompson ,

Do you have a specific company file in each office? If you do, I would recommend you to purchase a new license of Premier 2019 for 2 users. It would be another case if you want to deploy more than 5 users to work concurrently on the same company file.

Highlighted
Frequent Explorer **

Thank you for your quick response. Unfortunately for me, they want six of us to concurrently run the same program. Their first idea was to gain access to our server and open the data file from "the back door". I threw a fit. It was explained to me that this is harmless, that only information flows out like a water bucket pouring out water and that nobody could do anything to my files. I told them if they do that, I will quit.

I suggested they purchase a stand-alone version of the program and I would send my data back-up NIGHTLY, but I was told it would take 3 - 5 minutes to restore that back-up every day. That adds up (in THEIR calculation) to half hour a month - too much time wasted. Mmmmmmk. *handsintheair* I am at a total loss.

Established Community Backer ***

hi @loree.thompson ,

You should consider to ask refund for your Premier 2019 and migrate to Premier Accountant 2019 for 10 users instead. We always advice this option to our clients in Indonesia and Asia than to push them subscribing for Enterprise Silver edition.

Frequent Explorer **

This I will do.

As long as I do not lose any capabilities I am required to do. Thank you immensely for your input! Smiley Happy