cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DWW
Experienced Member

My credit card was lost and I was given a new credit card number. how to I change the exiting credit card number to the new number?

3 Comments
Highlighted
QuickBooks Team

Re: My credit card was lost and I was given a new credit card number. how to I change the exiting...

Hi davidwwaddell,

I've also experienced losing a bank card and I couldn't explain what I felt that time. Thank goodness you got a replacement now.

Is your question about updating your credit card number for your QuickBooks subscription? If yes, you can follow these steps:

1. Click the Gear icon.
  2. Choose Accounts and Settings.
  3. Select Billing & Subscription.
  4. Click the QuickBooks product.
  5. Edit the Payment Method.

I also got you an article for additional reference: Billing and subscription information for QuickBooks Online.

If you mean a different thing, please go back to this thread and I'll continue to help you here.

DWW
Experienced Member

Re: My credit card was lost and I was given a new credit card number. how to I change the exiting...

JessT - 

This credit card I use for many types of purchases. I'm thinking I'd like to know what purchases I've made with this card, regardless of the account number. The balance will transfer to the new account, but how do I get QBs to recognize that it is the same credit card dispite the new account number? 

I'm not concerned about paying by QB subscription ... : ) 

QuickBooks Team

Thank you for the additional information, davidwwaddell.

You can connect your new credit card (CC) account to QuickBooks to download your purchases. By the way, if you’ve connected your old CC account, you can disconnect first it using these steps:

1. Go to Banking.
  2. Click the picture of your credit card account and click the pencil icon (screenshot below).
  3. Select Edit account info.
  4. Put a check in the Disconnect this account on save checkbox (screenshot below).
  5. Click Save and Close.

You have two options to connect your new CC account. You can either connect it to your existing CC account in your Chart of Accounts, or you can connect it to a new CC account. I’d suggest choosing the latter, since in the actual, you're given a new account, and your balance was transferred to it. You can reflect that scenario in QuickBooks.

Let's go further. You can create a Transfer to move the balance from your old CC to the new CC account like in the screenshot. In this way, you'll only need to match your transferred balance when it's downloaded on the Banking page.

transfer balane.PNG

If there's anything you need or you feel you might need in the future, you can always visit us back through this thread. We'll be happy to help you again.