cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nodinie
Level 1

Online user location

We have Quickbooks desktop and are thinking of changing to Quickkbooks Online . Our biggest concern is we have an employee who wants to work from home, and we do not want them working from home.  Is there anyway of restricting the user to logging in only from the work location?

2 Comments 2
john-pero
Community Champion

Online user location

Sure, you can prevent the employee from logging in anywhere but at work but not it is not simple. 

Daily, and I mean daily change his password and do not give it to him until he arrives at work

FritzF

Online user location

Greetings, @nodinie.

It's a pleasure to see you here in the Community. Yes! @john-pero is right. But allow me to add something about the user management and permissions in QuickBooks Online (QBO).

Since QBO is a web-based application, an employee with a user access can log into your QBO account in any location as long as he/she has an internet connection. The option to restrict a user to log in only from the work location is currently unavailable.

While this option isn't available yet, I'll submit a feedback regarding this feature directly to our Product Developer for consideration in future updates. I also encourage you to submit feedback and suggestions as well and this can be done directly through your account by clicking the Gear icon in the top right corner, then select Feedback or by going to the following link: https://feedback.qbo.intuit.com/.

Just in case you need it, you may visit this article that tackles user types and permissions in QBO: Get to know user types and permissions.

That should answer your question for today. Feel free to post again or leave a comment below if you have additional concerns. I'm always here to help. Take care and have a good one!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us