cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carlyzahradka
Level 1

QB online will not let me into taxes to update my tax frequency.

5 Comments 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello carlyzahradka,

Did you get an error message while editing the sales tax filing frequency? If so, may I know what it is? In the meantime, we can try troubleshooting it by clearing the browser's cache. There's a possibility that it's a browser-related issue that's why you can't edit it. 

Once done, let's go back to the Sales Tax Center and change the filing frequency. 

1. Select Taxes in the left navigation tab.
  2. Choose Sales Tax.
  3. Click on Sales tax settings.
  4. Click on the Edit link of the sales tax agency.
  5. Choose the Filing frequency in the drop-down.
  6. Click on Save.

3.PNG

Let me know if you have any questions. Thanks! 

rcritton
Level 1

I'm having a similar issue except I just set up my sales tax. Every time I click "Add Filing Frequency" and select Quarterly and Save. The page just goes blank and nothing happens. I've tried it at least 5 times. I have also already tried the incognito browser.

JonpriL

Hi @rcritton,

We've received reports about QuickBooks Online users seeing a blank screen after setting up a new Sales Tax. Rest assured our engineers are all hands in working for a fix.

I recommend contacting our Customer Care Team. This way, you'll be added to the list of affected users and you'll be notified via email once an update is available.

Thank you for your patience while we're working for a fix.

rcritton
Level 1

It is discouraging that this still doesn't work. I was planning to switch another client over to QuickBooks online but if glitches take this long to correct, I'm not sure QuickBooks is the proper choice.

Rose-A

Hi, rcritton.

Allow me to share a little more information about updating sales tax issues in QuickBooks Online.

We would like to inform you that this has already been escalated and our Engineering Team is actively working to resolve this issue. Although I don't have a specific time frame as to when and how this will be mediated upon, rest assured that this is being looked into.

I can pass along all the feedback you have to the appropriate channels so you're able to reach a point of resolution as quickly as possible. As soon as an update is received, I, or another member of the Community Team, will be happy to update this thread and let everyone know so that you can get back to business.

I appreciate your patience while this is being worked on. Please know that I'm just a post away should you need anything else. Wishing you a wonderful week ahead.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us