cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Frequent Explorer *

QBO Usage Limits While Uploading From Desktop

I have a non-profit client who would like to switch over from Enterprise on Right Networks, which now seems feasible. They have under the designated number of targets, but more than the allowed number of accounts. I was planning to make a good chunk of them inactive once I got the file uploaded to QBO, but will I run into the account limitations? They can't afford Advanced and TechSoup doesn't have that as an offering yet.

6 Comments
ProAdvisor

Re: QBO Usage Limits While Uploading From Desktop

Hello @CatTaylor 

Don't do it.  You will have to be in QB Advanced.  Stay in Desktop for now.  You will be capped at 250.

lynda

Frequent Explorer *

I'm fine with being capped at 250, as long as I can get the file up there before having to reduce them.

ProAdvisor

They are rolling out that feature.  I would reduce your COA and then convert the file to QBO.

Lynda

Frequent Explorer *

Would we chose the accounts to inactivate as part of the import process?

QuickBooks Team

Hello there, @CatTaylor. I can provide clarification on moving your file from QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT) to Online (QBO).

One option would be to make the accounts inactive prior to importing the file as you referenced, as long as they don't have an open balance. Alternatively, the file will import normally even if there are more 250 accounts and you could make them active in QBO.

For additional information on importing the file, I recommend the following resource: QuickBooks Import Resource Center. It contains multiple articles that cover the process of converting the file and troubleshooting steps.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance. Hope you have a wonderful week ahead.

Frequent Explorer *

Hoping that Tech Soup will offer the advanced version as well, that would be great for the reporting features too.