cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Content Leader
Solved

QuickBooks Test-Drives and Trial Links – Find the Software that Fits Your Business

Moving_to_the_cloud.png

> I want to “test-drive” QuickBooks with prefilled data

> I want to download trial versions of QuickBooks to test out the program

New to QuickBooks and can’t decide whether to start with QuickBooks Online or QuickBooks Desktop? Maybe you’re already using QuickBooks Online and are considering an upgrade, but you aren’t sure which version of QuickBooks Desktop is right for you.

Test-drive QuickBooks Online, Self-Employed, and Desktop Enterprise 

For those who want an immersive QuickBooks experience before making a decision, you can test drive copies of QuickBooks Online, QuickBooks Self-Employed and QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise (for those heavy hitters) with complete company data.

Having prefilled sample data lets you see the software in action. This can make a huge difference in deciding which program is the best fit for you.

During the “test-drive,” you are free to alter data, make changes and try out features without impacting your personal accounts. No permanent changes! Go back as many times as you’d like to test the features of each version so you’ll feel confident that you’re making the right choice.

(flags_example3.png) Important – any work done in the test-drive will not be saved and the original data will be refreshed every time.

(flags_example3.png) Important – for security reasons, Banking features are disabled in the test-drive.

Download trial versions of QuickBooks

Below are links to begin a trial of QuickBooks Online or download trial versions of QuickBooks Desktop. Make sure you pick your regional version!

(flags_example3.png) ImportantQuickBooks Desktop Trials are trial versions only. They cannot be registered.  They are meant for you to test the features and capabilities of the software. If you decide to buy the full version, your existing work in the trial version will not transfer over to the copy you purchase. If you try to activate your account within the trial version, you will be locked out of the program.

Use these official test drives and trials to get the full QuickBooks experience and find the accounting software with the exact features your company needs.

QB Community Home      

Talk about your business 

Ask a question about QB     

Best answer 05-25-2018 02:00 PM

Accepted Solutions
Pen
Community Backer ***

Re: QuickBooks Test-Drives and Trial Links – Find the Software that Fits Your Business

So much awesome! I love it! Thank you! 

9 Comments
Content Leader

Re: QuickBooks Test-Drives and Trial Links – Find the Software that Fits Your Business

@Pen, hope this is a useful reference for your work. 

Pen
Community Backer ***

So much awesome! I love it! Thank you! 

Content Leader

@Pen, many thanks, I hope it can be of use to new users.

Jac
Senior Explorer *

For QuickBooks Hosting trial you can visit MyQbHost.

Content Leader

Hey @Jac,

Excited to see more options for folks who want to host their Desktop experience on the Cloud. Would you mind providing a bit of context to your link? What are the advantages to myqbhost? 

And most importantly... why you think QBDT is the best solution? Smiley Happy

Jac
Senior Explorer *

@JamesOng

MyQbHost offers an affordable QuickBooks Hosting services in the market as well as their free trial services will help you to understand that "how hosting QuickBooks on the cloud will make your work more efficient and productive". 

Content Leader

@Jac,

Thanks for this. I know it's certainly a functionality in high-demand for die-hard QuickBooks Desktop fans. In terms of actual feature set, is there anything that really sets it apart? 

Jac
Senior Explorer *

@JamesOng

Just check this blog

[link removed by moderator, violation of link out rules]

Hope it will help 

Super Explorer **

One day I had the same question to myself and tested both Online and Desktop versions, however, while using QB I found one add-on which helps me migrate my data from my files directly into QBO. So, I would suggest to try it together with QBO and QBDT as this add on works both for QuickBooks Online and Desktop. What about me, I picked QBO as it has all features I need and it is more portable-this is vital for me as I am always on fireSmiley Happy

Here are the links for those who is interested in the solution for data processing. Both are free to start:

Business Importer

Business Importer DESKTOP