cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

Quickbooks 2019: Default View

Is there a way you can set the Check Registry as the default view when you open a Company?

3 Comments
Established Community Backer ***

Re: Quickbooks 2019: Default View

Set your Desktop in QBs the way you want with the Check Register open.  Then go Edit drop down and Preferences.  Click on Desktop View and select Save Current Desktop, then Okay.

Close QBs and then reopen it.  Did it open the way you wanted?

Another option, which I really didn't like for the longest time is to have the Home Page open.  I have a number of clients that have there system set up that way (default) so I got used to it.  It is easy to go into Enter Bill, Pay Bill or the Check Registry from there.  It also shows you if there are any deposits to be made and quick access to the Chart of Accounts.

(I really do wish Intuit would let the users FULLY edit the Home Page.  None of my clients use credit cards via QBs (nor do I) so I'd love to get rid of the Accept Credit Cards.  None order checks from Intuit, so that should go.  They really need to let the customer keep or add what they want.)

QuickBooks Team

Pleased to have you here, @robbiec.

I'm here to help walk you through set your display preferences of your QuickBooks Desktop company file. Let's get started!

1. Go to Edit menu.
  2. Choose Preferences.
  3. Select Desktop View.
  4. In the My Preferences tab, remove the check mark on Show Home page when opening a company file.
  5. Click Ok.  

Once set, let's arrange your shortcuts. Here's how:

1. Go to My Shorcut section.
  2. Scroll down to see Customize Shortcuts.
  3. Highlight Home.
  4. Click Delete.
  5. Look for Reg.
  6. Select Edit.
  7. Move Edit on the top of your Shortcut list.
  8. Click Ok
  9. Select the account you want to see when opening your company file.

That's it! Once you close the company file and open it again, you'll see the registry right away.

Fill me in if you have other questions about modifying your QuickBooks Display preferences. I'm always here to  help.

Experienced Member

Thanks, worked like a charm!