cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Contributor *

Re: SHOCKED &UPSET at the Price Increase Announcement

@deprecated117 wrote:

I'm currently looking for alternatives.  My wife and I both have our own companies and have to pay separate fees for each company.  There is the quickbooks and then the payroll prices.  Each year they go up and we fill obligated to pay them because we need them for our business.  This is price gouging and wrong.  I never thought I would see it from Intuit.   Most "Software as a Service" companies bring the prices down but this has not been the case with Intuit.  

We are currently looking for other online accounting solutions.

I have been using ZohoBooks since they put out the notice of the price increase back in April. I love it and I'm a small business in the construction industry. It works great for me. I have many customers compliment the look and features as they have portal access as well.

Show them this won’t be tolerated. I canceled my auto renew and sent an email to the CEO.  No way am I paying this. Not affordable for a small biz owner. 

Established Member

Does ZohoBooks support payroll?

Experienced Member

Price Increase Announcement

Terrible response!

I for one am l ready to leave QuickBooks.

I will be actively looking to for an alternative to replace you.

Community Contributor *

I am not sure if this is a fair business practice. As you can see, you are still offering for new subscriber the discounted rate of $30 per month for QB plus. We are using QB plus since Oct. 2012 and the increase is very substantial especially for a company like us. Imagine rates from $31.96 then after a year to $39.95, then $50 and now we are paying $60 per month per company. Is there a way you can share discount as well for a loyal subscriber of your QB plus? We are maintaining 2 companies and we are paying $120 per month. The subscription fee for a year is more than what the desktop version can be.

We want to maintain this subscription but it prices like this will continue to increase might as well we buy a dedicated program for our company.

QuickBooks Team

Glad to see you here, vagapito.

Thanks for being part of the QuickBooks family. I want to ensure you're connected to the right support who can provide detailed information on your subscription fee.

Just like any small business, we have to constantly evaluate the cost to deliver a top-tier product each year to ensure you'll be able to easily manage your business and get your accounting done. As a result, Intuit’s QuickBooks Online is rolling out new pricing.

To help give you a better idea about the price increase check out this article: QuickBooks Online price increase November 2018.

Your current subscription rate is dependent upon its price and any discounts offered at the time of sign up. Since we're unable to request personal details to look up your account in the Community, I recommend you get in touch with out QuickBooks Online Support Team.

They would be able to look up and review your account, and provide you with the pricing details. You can reach them through the following link: Get help with QuickBooks Online.

If there's anything else that I can help you with, leave a comment below. I'll be glad to keep helping. Wishing you the best.

Community Contributor *

We do not change the structure of our business since 2004. We do invoice, journal entries, payments, checks, reconciliation...that's it. All development that are mentioned on your announcement on price increase are not applicable to our business but still we continue to subscribe. We do not benefit on that upgrade your telling to everyone.

I have tried to get in touch on your help center but still reply is basically what you are advertising for the reason on change on pricing. I even contact them about my concern on subscription (about credit card) but I do not get the appropriate response. Now, there's another announcement for Nov pricing increase and it seems that it is not healthy anymore if we will continue to use your apps. If there's someone who can contact me directly through email and can proactively reply on our inquiry..much better ([email address removed])

Community Contributor *

One more thing, base on your announcement there will be price increase effective November 1. Our subscription has just increase last July 19, 2018 from the increase price of $50 per month per company to $60 per company (effective July 2018) and now there's another increase for the current subscription of $60 per company. I don't see on your announcement how much will be the new rate but it seems that QB is as quick as it is when it comes to price increase.

QuickBooks Team

Hello again, vagapito.

I appreciate you providing us all the details about the features that helped you manage your business.

We recognize that a price change like this can be challenging for small business owners. Just like us, you have to evaluate the value that each of the products and services you pay for are bringing to your business.

Customers receiving the price increase will be notified by Intuit via email a minimum of 30 days in advance of the billing change. In regard to the subscription rate, you’ll see the price change reflected on the billing statement.

In order to check how much the new rate will be for your subscription, we need pull up personal details to look up your account. Since we truly value the security of your business, I'd encourage contacting our Care Support Team again.  

They’ll provide you the detailed information about your current subscription. Be sure to get your case number ready, so the agent will be able to review the notes from the previous phone support. 

Thanks for giving me the opportunity to help. Let me know if you have questions about working in QBO, I'm always ready to help. 

Experienced Member

Yes, we have the desktop version and they increased by thousands for a service that we didn't really understand so we canceled the service portion.  I didn't get it we are not online and the increase was ridiculous.  It's not enough just to get the desktop version without having to be tied down to a yearly fee.  

Community Contributor *

I would like to confirm from the increase price of $50 per month last July 2018, are you going to charge us $150 per month this coming July 2019?

If it's true, this is so disappointing..

Community Contributor *

I mean $60 per month last July 2018 it's going to be $150 per month.

Just for your info we have two companies using QB online and we are paying both the $60 per month  subscription and if it's true that the charge will go high as $150 per month per company this is too much

Highlighted
Community Manager

Hello vagapito,

First of all, thank you so much for continue using QuickBooks as your accounting provider. 

As we all know, customers are sending a lot of product requests in QuickBooks Online. We are answering their feedback by enhancing and adding some new features. To support these developments, there's a change with the billing subscription. You'll get notified about it via email. 

In your case, I'd recommend contacting our support team to check your billing subscription since we can't do it here in the Community (for security reasons). Please click on the Help icon and choose Contact us. They can check if your account is one of a few companies that are qualified to try the QuickBooks Online Advanced version. Please see this article for the details: Update on the QuickBooks Online Advanced free upgrade period

If you need anything else, please let us know. Thank you. 

Frequent Explorer *

Rates were raised rates about seven months ago. My small business clients cannot afford to pay $40/month (I add $5.00 to cover sales tax) for QB+. I have been a strong advocate for QuickBooks Online and have moved many old and new clients to the platform. Always explaining the advantages versus higher cost over other platforms. Now the price gap is just too large.

I’m in the process of renewing my ProAdvisor status and the entire module has been a sales pitch. I’m busy trying to make a living here. Are you on my side? Do you want me to succeed? Are you trying to lose the very people who helped you grow?

The aggressive marketing tactics pushing us to sell the new QB Advanced, the already high monthly fees that are increasing at a rate that makes it difficult to explain, has me researching other platforms. I understand you are not worried about my small practice, or even the numerous other small practices that will also search for relief by moving to another platform. You are clearly going for bigger fish. Good for you. One more increase within the next two years and I will be moving on.

QuickBooks Online Plus Price Increase as of MAY 6, 2019:

Current Wholesale Price: $30/month (increased $5/month NOVEMBER 1, 2018) PLUS tax

New Wholesale Price as of May 6, 2019: $35/month  Plus tax

Fine Print:

1Based on survey of small businesses using QuickBooks Online conducted September 2018.
2Based on survey of small businesses using QuickBooks Online, conducted September 2018 who stated average savings compared with their prior solution.
3Available only in QuickBooks Online Plus and QuickBooks Online Advanced.
4Available for select financial institutions.
5The QuickBooks Online mobile app works with iPhone, iPad, and Android phones and tablets. Devices sold separately; data plan required. Not all features are available on the mobile apps and mobile browser. QuickBooks Online mobile access is included with your QuickBooks Online subscription at no additional cost. Data access is subject to cellular/internet provider network availability and occasional downtime due to system and server maintenance and events beyond your control. Product registration required.
6This information is intended to outline our general product direction, but represents no obligation and should not be relied on in making a purchasing decision.
7The new pricing will take effect on the next billing date on or after the effective date of the price change.
8The wholesale discount of 50% off the list price is for the life of the subscription. Prices shown reflect this discount applied to the new list price.
9Existing customers who upgrade, downgrade, or resubscribe to Plus or Essentials after May 6 will be subject to the new prices.

Experienced Member

Yeah I'm done with QBO! This is F…ING ridiculous! All they have done since I've converted is increase prices at least once or twice a year and I can't keep putting clients on this platform if they are just going to arbitrarily increase prices when they think they need to.

NOW I have to spend time explaining to my clients why we are moving AND do the conversions...this is insane! But in the end is going to save me and my clients some money and I will let everyone I know to STOP using QBO and if enough people get the word out maybe Intuit will get the picture. You can't treat your loyal customers like this and expect them to just keep going along with these price increases...I'M OUT!!!!