cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Established Member

Sage 50 to Quickbooks Account Numbers Format

I am converting from Sage 50 to Quickbooks.  I'm using the following account number convention in Sage 50.

Using example bellow

63300 insurance expense account

Sub Accounts

63300-02 insurance PPEC

63300-03 insurance OT

63300-04 insurance PT

63300-05 insurance ST

63300-08 insurance OT....

63300-60 insurance ADM.....

How do I keep this account structure when I convert?

Thanks

3 Comments
Community Backer ***

Re: Sage 50 to Quickbooks Account Numbers Format

You can convert from Sage, but you will have some weird things happen in QuickBooks after the conversion.  What you are dealing with is considered sub-accounts in QuickBooks.  Pick the parent account of Insurance Expense.  Edit the accounts under the parent and make them sub-accounts of the parent.  When you edit the subaccount you will see a square to check off for the parent account.  Select the parent.

QuickBooks Team

A warm welcome to the Community, cdb0ewm.

I can help and provide you with some information about converting from Sage 50 and account numbers format in QuickBooks.

Before you convert from Sage 50 to QuickBooks, check the character limitations for the account numbers to know the maximum numbers you can enter in each field.

And for your reference about the account number character limitations, the following article lists the maximum numbers in each field in QuickBooks.

Check out this link: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Help-Articles/Character-limitations-for-fields-in-QuickBooks....

To use account numbers in QuickBooks Desktop, here's how:

1. Click Edit at the top menu bar.
  2. On the drop-down list, click Preferences.
  3. Go to Accounting and click Company Preferences.
  4. Select Use account numbers.
  5. Hit OK.

You may find this article helpful: Converting from Sage 50 using the Conversion Tool.

Keep me posted if you have any other concerns about account numbers format in QuickBooks. Have a good one.

Established Community Backer ***

Account numbers are optional and I don't see that they have any use