cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lois02180
Level 1

Sorting Accounts on P&L report

Since the update to 2019 (for QB for MAC) my P&L Reports  show my rows (accounts) sorted by total dollars YTD spent.

I want my row to sort by Account Number.  I can't find where to change that setting.

Thanks

3 Comments 3
KhimG
QuickBooks Team

Glad to see you in the Community, @Lois02180.

The option to sort the P&L report by Account Numbers is currently unavailable in QuickBooks Desktop for Mac 2019. Instead, you can enable the number field to show next to the account by following the steps below:

1. Go to the QuickBooks menu and select Preferences.
  2. Choose Transactions.
  3. Select the Use account numbers box.
  4. Save the changes.

Once done, you’ll find the numbers showing next to the account name on your reports. Check out this link for more information: QuickBooks Desktop for Mac 2019 User’s Guide.

For reference on customizing reports, take a look at this article: Customize company and financial reports.

That should get you on the right track.

Reach out to me and let me know how this goes. I’m always here to help. Have a pleasant day ahead!

Lois02180
Level 1

Thank you for the information.  I also spoke to Intuit customer assistance and they gave me the tip to resort my chart of accounts using the Edit command.  That helped me get my accounts in order within the P&L.

Thanks again.

Lois

Mark_R
QuickBooks Team

It's good to see you again in the Community, @Lois02180.

I'm happy to know that we're able to address your concern about sorting accounts on Profit and Loss report.

Please know that the Community is always here if you need more assistance with QuickBooks. Cheering you to continued success!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us