cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

The links contained in an email notification that are sent after a user has posted a message to another user in QBO redirect me to the QBO homepage.

The email received after, for example, another user in my QBO account left a message for me under the 'Activities' section of a Bill, read like this: Hello [USER],

[OTHER USER] has posted a message about some transactions in QuickBooks company for you. To see transactions and respond Open{{LINK}} [COMPANY] QuickBooks company.

Thank you in advance for your response,

QuickBooks Messaging

*** If you have trouble using the link included in this email, copy and paste this link in your browser window: {{LINK}} ***

The Links should take me to, in this example, a Bill where another user has left a message for me. Instead I'm just redirected to the homepage / dashboard and have no idea where to go to see the message left by the other user.

1 Comment

Re: The links contained in an email notification that are sent after a user has posted a message ...

Greetings scott-kolb,

This might be a webpage cache issue since you're unable to view the bill's comments. To verify this, we can try using your browser's incognito feature. This feature doesn't use the existing cache files, which makes it a good place to test if there's an issue with the browser.

Here's how:

• Press the Ctrl Shift N (Google Chrome) keys on your keyboard.
  • Press the Ctrl Shift P (Firefox or Internet Explorer) keys on your keyboard.
  • Press Control Option (Safari) keys on your keyboard.

If you were able to view the message, I suggest you go back to your main browser, and then clear the cache. This step resolves most browser-related issues. Alternatively, you can use a different browser.

Please ping me in the comments below.​ I'm a​lways here if you need anything else.