cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Experienced Member
Solved

Un Build Assembly

Hi,
Is ther any solution for Un Build the items which were already build in past due to damage only a part of thet same item?

Best answer 11-11-2017 06:05 AM

Accepted Solutions
Established Community Backer ***

Re: Un Build Assembly

to unbuild an assembly item, bring up the build assembly screen, use the back arrow top left to cycle back to the build you want to delete, use menu edit>delete build when that build is on screen.

all parts used in the assembly item BOM will return to stock

5 Comments
Established Community Backer ***

to unbuild an assembly item, bring up the build assembly screen, use the back arrow top left to cycle back to the build you want to delete, use menu edit>delete build when that build is on screen.

all parts used in the assembly item BOM will return to stock

Experienced Member

This sounds wonderfully simple, but where is there a menu tab in the build assembly window? 

Highlighted
QuickBooks Team

Thank you for that great answer, @Rustler!

Hey @QuBouser1!

The Edit menu that Rustler is referring to is the one between File and View. You can also press Ctrl + to delete the assembly you opened. I made you a screenshot for visual reference.

QuickBooks Desktop has in-product articles that you can use as reference in the future. Just press F1 to launch the Help window and search for something like delete build assembly item. This will give you an article about deleting a built assembly.

Feel free to post again if you need help.

Experienced Member

How can I delete a Build Assembly that is pending from last year.  Our QuickBooks has been closed by the accountant, but I have a Building Assembly still pending with the date 12/07/2018.  I am unable to delete because the books are closed.  I can not just close this Build Assembly because it requires full access to Edit Closed Transactions (which I think means that I would need permission to "unclose" the books from 2018.  Do you have any suggestions how we can move forward with this un Build Assembly?

QuickBooks Team

Thanks for sharing on-point details about your concern, @dmckinny

Yes, you'll need to ask permission from your accountant to unclose the books for 2018. This way, you can delete the pending build assembly item by performing the steps provided by Rustler above. 

Before doing it, please first make sure to create a backup of your company file. Once deleted, you can close your 2018 books in the program. Since the deleted build assembly item is pending and it's a non-posting transaction, it doesn't affect the quantity on hand of components and assembly items for last year. 

For more information, you can check out this helpful article: Create, Build, and Work With Inventory Assembly Items

This will get you in the right direction, @dmckinny

I'll be right here to help if there's anything else you need. Have a great day.