cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Un hiding a company from signup window

I had 2 Companies with the same name and I selected HIDE for one and selected the wrong one and when I went to UNDIDE it it never came up and I don't know where on my desktop computer it is to retrieve it

3 Comments
Highlighted
Community Manager

Re: Un hiding a company from signup window

Hello JULICOOLIE,

Let's try to open the company in the Open Previous Company window. Here's how:

1. Click on the File menu.
  2. Select Open Previous Company.
  3. Select the company name.

You can also use the Open or Restore Company function in the File menu. 

If you get any problems when opening a company file, please check out this article for the troubleshooting steps: Resolve Problems Opening QuickBooks Desktop or your Company File.

Please post more questions. We'll be right here to help.

BRC
Established Community Backer ***

When you "hide" a company you're really deleting it from that list of recent companies and then it's gone.  This of course does not delete the actual company.

To add it back to the list, Open it.

Established Community Backer ***

@GarlynGay

Once they "hide" it, it no longer shows in File menu > Open Previous and it no longer shows in Recently Opened Files in the No Company Open screen. So, that isn't helping.

"and I don't know where on my desktop computer it is to retrieve it"

The typical folder is Public Documents, look for one for Intuit, then QB, then Company files. Or, use Windows explorer to find;

*.qbw files

And look at the Folders and filenames.

All of this is Windows, not QB. Once you know where it is, you will use the big button, bottom center of No Company Open, to Browse to that .qbw company file. Once you use this to access it, it populates the Most Recently Opened list, again.