cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bellsworth1
Level 1

Uploading documents through my accountant/shared documents not working.

7 Comments 7
JenoP

Hi there, bellsworth1.

Let's try some steps so you can upload your file. If you're not seeing the Upload a document link at all, you will have to ask your accountant to create a request. 

Though, if you're getting an error when uploading documents, please log in to QuickBooks Online using a different browser. You can use any of these browsers: 

• Chrome
  • Safari
  • Firefox
  • Microsoft Edge
  • Internet Explorer 10 or higher

Alternatively, you can clear cache or delete your temporary internet files. QuicBoks Online may not work properly if your browser is holding too much data from previous browsing sessions. Let me share this article on how to do that: How Do I Clear My Browser Cache And Temporary Internet Files?

Let me know if you have follow-up questions. 

OmniExecutiveManager
Level 1

Hello,

Changing browsers did not help me. I am still not able to upload any docs or even see the previous documents I have loaded nor is my accountant ABLE TO UPLOAD OR SEE ANY PREVIOUS DOCS UPLOADED?

Tori B
QuickBooks Team

Hello, @OmniExecutiveManager.

Thanks for reaching out to the Community for support. 

To clarify, are you receiving any error messages when trying to upload or view them? You'll want to make sure the attachments meet the specific requirements. Here are the file types you can attach in customer and vendor profiles, as well as their transactions:

• PDF
  • JPEG
  • PNG
  • DOC
  • XLSX
  • CSV
  • TIFF
  • GIF
  • XML

If you're using the correct file type when trying to upload them, I recommend contacting our Technical Support Team. This way, an agent can review your account in a secure environment and investigate this matter further for its odd behavior. 

You can use the link I've included below to connect with an agent. 

Alternatively, we can try uploading the attachments a different way for now. Here's how:

1. Go to the Gear icon.
  2. Click on Lists under the Lists column.
  3. Tap the clip icon or Attachment. Then, select the file you want to upload to QuickBooks.

Once done, put a checkmark on the attachment you've uploaded. Then, hit the Batch actions drop-down arrow and choose the Create invoice or Create expense

Please let me know if you have any questions or concerns. I'm always around to lend a hand. Take care! 

OmniExecutiveManager
Level 1

I have uploaded the picture of the screen I am getting when trying to upload, I am still unable to see any documents that have already been uploaded.

OmniExecutiveManager
Level 1

I have attached the picture of a screenshot it is just a file with an exclamation point. There are also no past file uploads I can see.

Candice C
QuickBooks Team

Good evening, @OmniExecutiveManager

Thanks for tagging along and getting back to us. 

Since this is the case and you're still having issues with uploading, then I recommend contacting our Customer Support Team so they can further assist you. Here's how: 

1. Go to the Help icon in the top right-hand corner. 
  2. Tap the Contact Us button. 
  3. Give a brief description of the issue and hit Let's talk
  4. Scroll down and select to Get a callback

Feel free to let us know how the call goes. It's my priority that you get this taken care of today. Have a great weekend ahead! 

kwood1
Level 2

The answer I was looking for...and pieced and parted the feed together to come up with this!  

It took me a while, but I did eventually find the "Upload" button using my accountant user access.  From QBOnline Accountant, select Clients.  All clients that have added you as an accountant should be displayed.  Search for your client that you want to share a document with.  Do NOT select them from the drop down menu and do not click on the QB icon as it by-passes the screen you need. 

Click the actual name of the client in your list, in the example "Client Company Na.." is what you need to click on.

Sharing client accountant docs 1.png

That will take you to the client information screen.

Sharing client accountant docs 2.png

From there, click on the Shared Documents tab and the Upload button will be available.  It is not available IF you are in the clients books.  Once you have shared something, then yes, you can see it from the clients books and it mirrors this screen now.  As an accountant though, you have to upload something first for it to be available.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us