cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
boldbbq
Level 1

Why am I not seeing a tab to add a second accountant email address?

5 Comments 5
Lexiesmemere
Level 7

"lexiesmemere114" (note: no “Allstar” or Intuit employee badge after the name) (but they say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery!) is a scammer (NOT me and not Intuit), do NOT respond!  (The real Intuit does not post phone numbers, just links.)

David-212915
QuickBooks Team

Hey @boldbbq,

Welcome to the Community. I'd be glad to assist you with adding a second accountant. 

First, I'd like to take a quick moment and thank @Lexiesmemere for letting you know that the person wasn't associated with Intuit.

There are currently two Manage Users screens in QuickBooks Online. You can check this by seeing if your URL ends on usermgt or legacyusermgt when on the Manage Users screen. 

If it ends in usermgt, you're using the new interface and there should be an Accountants tab at the top. Since you've already invited an accountant, you would select Invite accountant on the Accountants tab, enter their information and choose Save. The following are a couple of screenshot to serve as a visual example:

Should the url end in legacyusermgt, you're using the old interface and would select Invite Accountant under Accounting Firms, fill out the information and click Save. I've included a screenshot of this for you:

For additional information on this, including how to remove an Accountant user, please see the attached article: How To Add Or Remove An Accountant User.

Once you've verified which one you're using, I would recommend confirming that your options match the included screenshots. If they look different or the Invite accountant button is missing, it would be good to clear your browser's cache. Temporary internet files and cache are stored to speed up loading times, but too much can accumulate and interfere with processes. I'm including an article that covers this and contains steps for it: Delete Or Disable Cache And Temporary Internet Files In Your Web Browser.

That'll do it. I'm confident that this will help to get you on the right track for adding a second accountant.

As always, let me know if you need anything. Wishing you well.

Victoria15
Level 1

My "add user" button is missing. Instead it has a green "Upgrade" button (see below).... what should I do? How can I add a user? 

Get by with a little help from your team
Delegate work. Get more done.
Upgrade
ChristieAnn
QuickBooks Team

Hi there, Victoria15.

Thank you for providing a screenshot to help me determine the root cause of the issue.

Based on the screenshot, it seems you're using the Simple Start version. That's why you don't have the button to add a user, and it has a green "Upgrade" button. I recommend upgrading your current version to Essential, Plus, or Advanced.

Here's how to upgrade your subscription:

1. Click the Gear icon and choose Account and Settings.

2. Go to Billing & Subscription section.

3. Click the Upgrade button.

4. Choose the plan you want, and select Upgrade.

5. Confirm your payment information and hit Save.

After that, you can start adding a user to QuickBooks Online. Please follow these steps:

1. Go to the Gear icon and choose Manage Users. Please note if you can’t select this, you don’t have permission to manage other users. Contact an admin user for help.

2. Click the Add user button.

3. Choose the user type you want to create. More options will appear on the screen depending on the user type you select.

4. Enter your new user's information.

5. Hit the Save button.

For more details, please refer to this article: Add, delete, or change user access. This article also contains the steps on how to delete and change a user's access.

Please know that you're always welcome to post if you have any other concerns. Wishing you and your business continued success.

Victoria15
Level 1

Great. Thank you.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us