cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

transferring data from my trial file to my paid subscription file

i have purchased a quickbooks essential file, but every time I transfer my data from my old quickbooks desktop file, the data is transferred into a 30 day trial file as opposed to my current subscription file.

also the file is transferred into a QuickBooks file and not Essentials as I have purchased

how do I get it into the correct file?

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: transferring data from my trial file to my paid subscription file

Thanks for checking in, SelmaMB.

I'm here to help you transfer data from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online successfully.

Let's ensure you open the correct QuickBooks Online company file to import your file from QuickBooks Desktop. I'll show you how below:

1. Enter your QuickBooks Online login (your user ID is usually the email address you used to sign up), agree to the Terms of Service, and select Sign in.
  2. Select the QuickBooks Online company you want to import your data into, or create a new one.
  3. Already created a QuickBooks Online company? Don't create a new company. Just choose the one you created from the drop-down.
  4. Select OK, got it.

You should be receiving an email confirmation within 24 hours once the import is complete.

Just in case you receive any errors while importing, you can check out this article to fix errors when converting to QuickBooks Online.

Here's a a compete resource of additional information about importing data from QuickBooks Desktop to QuickBooks Online: Convert QuickBooks Desktop file to QuickBooks Online.

Fill me in if you need help with transferring data in QuickBooks Online. It's always my pleasure to help.