cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rhenry1031
Level 2

4 chase credit cards are under 1account. Starting 3/1, charges on any card appear on both that card and the master card thus showing up twice. What would cause this?

This just started happening but when I choose to "update" my bank and credit cards, my transactions are automatically downloaded.  As of 3/1, it appears charges on any of the 3 cards under the master, show up on that employee card AND the master card therefore showing the same transaction twice.  Only way to fix is ignore the duplicate.  Why would this happen all of a sudden?

43 Comments 43
julie11
Level 1

4 chase credit cards are under 1account. Starting 3/1, charges on any card appear on both that card and the master card thus showing up twice. What would cause this?

I am also having this problem. 5 employee card transactions are being duplicated under the master card holders account as well.
nhv
Level 1

Same issue here.
grant2
Level 1

Same thing here
bwood39165
Level 1

Same for me also
rhenry1031
Level 2

Chase told me they don't support QBO but doesn't align with fact it used to work and now it doesn't   QuickBooks blames Chase and Chase blames QuickBooks.  I'm in the middle and just want it fixed.  Considering switching to a different credit card company but no guarantee it will be any different.
dariia
Level 1

same issue here, and after I exclude and delete, the charges continue to appear
Not applicable

Yes, same problem for me as well!
steelworkz1
Level 1

Same issue here!!!!
futcher
Level 1

Yep. Is it any better just excluding without deleting? I'm starting to think it might be better just to use the one master account and drop the subs in my QB. It was always a little bit of a dance to get the balances transferred into the one account each month anyway.
user53366
Level 1

Has there been a resolution?  I have been having this same issue.
geraldine-fiser
Level 1

Same here ... still happening
donald1
Level 1

Same for me
mccoyboy2
Level 1

Same issue here. This started happening when Chase switched me over to their new business layout in April.
rushi
Level 1

Still happening
kat3
Level 1

this is still an issue for us as well. any solutions?
chris24
Level 1

I found a workaround to this issue. Simply log into your Chase account and create a new employee card for the primary card holder. Cut up and stop using the primary cardholder's number and use the employee card for the primary card holder. You will then need to link the new card number in QBO once it is activated. The transaction downloads will be separated by card number, just like before 3/1/18. Issue resolved! Let me know if this is confusing and I will try to better explain.
rhenry1031
Level 2

Did this get fixed?  I converted to just tracking all employee cards via my master card and not my employee transactions quick downloading to master.  QBO has yet to provide me an answer after 40 minutes on phone so curious what any of you are experiencing.  It's annoying to have to keep changing how I track my accounts.
John-N-
Level 1

On our Chase credit card account, we have a primary cardholder and then several employee cardholders. The employee cards were linked to the primary card in QuickBooks Online with separate accounts. I noticed that the transaction duplication started this month also.

I disconnected the employee cards in QuickBooks and now it appears all transactions from all the cards are coming into QuickBooks under the primary cardholder account. On the one hand, it's easier because I don't have to cycle through all of the individual accounts, but it also doesn't let me see which cardholder made the transaction in QBO.

Oh, well. We'll see how it goes moving forward.

rhenry1031
Level 2

How did this work?  Downside I see is if Chase changes something again & have to add back employee cards, this could be a mess.  I'm hesitating to make any make changes quite yet.
John-N-
Level 1

It was still working as of August 2018, but now I'm getting a different error trying to sync my Chase cards...
rhenry1031
Level 2

Did this change this week for you?  My employee transactions are downloading to my master card account anymore.  I don't want to revert back to doing it another way again.
lyndaartesani
Level 6

They always did.  When you have a parent account, it shows the total and all transactions from the sub accts.

rhenry1031
Level 2

Sorry, that's inaccurate.  It's never worked like this with Chase and something did just change.
sauvageausfirest
Level 1

Quickbooks is saying they don't have a solution and Chase is saying they changed their website and that's how its going to be, which makes zero sense.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us