cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Contributor **

Account no longer loading

One of my accounts (Home Equity Line) is now showing it is not active. Everything worked fine last week.  I've tried all of the suggestions I found but nothing is working. I'm using QB online on a Mac laptop.

5 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Account no longer loading

Hey there, DebMcd,

Thanks for providing me the details about the issue you're getting with your account.

May I know if you're using the QBO App? If yes, we can try resetting your application to clear the data storage that may cause this unexpected behavior. Let me guide you through the steps:

1. Select Help.
  2. Choose Reset App Data.
  3. Close and re-open the app and try signing in again.
  4. (Optional) Reinstalling the app can also help fix the problem.

However, if you're using the regular browser to access your QBO account, we can try using a private window to isolate if the issue is caused by a common data problem. Here's how to switch to a private browser:

• Google Chrome: press Ctrl + Shift + N
  • Mozilla Firefox: press Ctrl + Shift + P
  • Internet Explorer: press Ctrl + Shift + P
  • Safari: press Command + Shift + N

If the steps above gives you the same result, I'd recommend consulting our QuickBooks Online Care Support for other workarounds. There they have the resources to check your account and can do further investigation about the issue.

Please feel free to let me know how this goes, DebMcd. I'm here to lend you a hand anytime.

Since the and Quickbooks trying to download every time I open the phone app for Quickbooks online there is an error. 

Mall the powerful tools that were working a few weeks ago no longer load. 

I have removed the app and reinstalled multiple times. This seems to be an issue within Quickbooks.

Highlighted
QuickBooks Team

I'm here to help check this for you, @Jon Jon.

First, please ensure that your account still active. If it is, and the issue persists, I recommend contacting our Support Team to check and investigate this further for you. I'd be glad to help check this further, however, I don't have the chance to do it here on the Community page.

Our Support Team has the chance to pull up your account securely and have an extra tool for additional guidance. For the Support contact information, you may check it here: Contact the QuickBooks Online Customer Support team.

On the other, you may check our Help articles for your reference in the future regarding QuickBooks Online (QBO): Help Articles for QBO.

Please don't hesitate to add a post/comment below if you have any other QuickBooks questions. I'll be around to help you!

Community Contributor **

I had the same problem with our Equity Line account which worked for several years and then just stopped. QB said it was due to my bank but my bank couldn't help me. I now have to enter those transactions manually.

QuickBooks Team

Glad to have you back here in the Community, @DebMcd.

Allow me to provide some additional insights about connecting your Equity Line account into QuickBooks Online.

There are several possible reasons why you're unable to connect your bank account into QuickBooks Online.

Some of these reasons are:

• Your bank has multiple names on our list. Make sure you have selected the correct listing or have tried all possible links. You can search by the banking login URL to ensure you are using the correct listing.
  • Your bank does not connect to all types of accounts (for example, personal accounts vs. business accounts).
  • Your bank is not a participating financial institution.

Once you've verified this information and you're still unable to connect with your bank, use the Request support for your bank option and ask us to add your bank.

Here's how:

1. When you enter your bank and click Find, you'll get the message: Hmm, we can’t find [name of the bank you entered] in our list of supported bank.
  2. Click on the button Request support for your bank.
  3. Enter your bank's website in the field provided.
  4. Select Request

After you submit your request to add your financial institution, you may be able to use one of the alternative methods for downloading and importing your bank transactions.

For more details about this process, please refer to this article: How to identify the correct bank.

If you need further assistance with the process, I'd suggest reaching out to our Customer Care Team. They have the ability to check on your transactions and help you connect your bank account.

Please let me know how it goes. I'll be around to help if there's anything else you need. Have a good one.