cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Established Member
Solved

Add Memo Line for Banking Register

How do add a memo column into your banking register? I want to add memo descriptions to checks without have to manually go into each check for the memo box to appear.

Best answer 01-09-2019 05:18 AM

Accepted Solutions
QuickBooks Team

Re: Add Memo Line for Banking Register

Thank you for the additional details, accounting246.

You can remove the check mark in the 1-line checkbox in the lower left-hand corner. This will show the Memo field on each transaction. That will do it.

If you need anything else, please comment below.

4 REPLIES 4

Hello there, @accounting246.

Thank you for joining the Community. Allow me to help share some information about adding a memo column into your bank register.

There's a default memo column in the bank register where you can add the descriptions directly to the memo field. However, this option is not available for all transactions. Currently, you can only enter the memo descriptions to a check, journal entry, deposit, and sales tax payment.  

I encourage you to send feedback directly to our product developers. This way, we'll be able to know what product features/options we need to add in the future updates. 

To send your feedback, please go to Help menu, choose Send Feedback Online, then click Product Suggestion.

If you need to reach out for more help, our phone agents will be able to help you get to a resolution quickly. Here's how to get in touch with our QuickBooks Desktop Customer Care team:

1. Go to https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.
  2. Select QuickBooks for Windows.
  3. Select your QuickBooks for Windows version.
  4. Select a topic.
  5. Click on the Get Phone Number button

Feel free to reach out to me if you have any other questions about adding a memo description in the register. Just leave a reply below, and I'll get back to this thread to help you out.  

Established Member

The context I am referencing is the check register. So, they are checks, which do have memo lines, just only when I drill down into the check view. Is there a way to add this memo line to the general check register. I have included a picture of the screen for reference.

Thanks,

Established Member

The transactions I am working with are checks, as I am in the banking/check register. I can enter memos by drilling down into the check so that it is open and I am no longer on the check register screen. However, I was hoping there was a way to add a memo column so that I don't have to do the extra work. Attached is a screen shot of the check register I am referring to that I would like to add the memo column.

QuickBooks Team

Thank you for the additional details, accounting246.

You can remove the check mark in the 1-line checkbox in the lower left-hand corner. This will show the Memo field on each transaction. That will do it.

If you need anything else, please comment below.