cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anthony Alvino
Level 1

BBVA Compass Bank Name and URL Change in QB Desktop

BBVA Compass changed their name and URL to BBVA and bbvausa.com

When I try to import transactions into my Bank Feeds, I get an OL209 error.  When I try to set up a new feed with the "new" bank, the old BBVA Compass and URL are the only options available.  Any ideas?

5 Comments 5
ShiellaGraceA
QuickBooks Team

Hi Anthony Alvino,

There are a few things that we need to consider when getting an OL-209 error. Let me share them with you, and guide you on how to get started.

• A problem at your bank.
    • There may be critical alerts that need to be acknowledged after logging into Online Banking directly on the banks website
    • They may have made changes to their service offerings, Web Connect or Direct Connect.
    • They may have made changes to their name (bank merger) that require you to refresh it in QuickBooks.
    • You may have an Inactive Bank Account enabled for Online Banking in QuickBooks.
    • Their servers may be down.
  • A problem with your Internet connection.
  • A problem with one or more accounts in your company file.
  • A problem with the download or import format.

Let's try these steps first to fix the error.

1. Open Internet Explorer 11 and make sure you have the latest version installed.
  2. Click the Gear icon on the upper right section of Internet Explorer.
  3. Click Internet Options, and then Advanced Tab.
  4. Scroll down to the Security section.
  5. Uncheck the USE TLS 1.0 and put a check in USE TLS 1.2.
  6. Click Apply and then OK.

Once done, restart your computer and import your transactions again.

Please check out this article for details about the error: Fix OL and OLSU Bank Feeds errors in QuickBooks Desktop.

You might also find this article helpful: Download Bank Feed transactions.

Let me know if you have other questions. I'm always here to help you some more.

Anthony Alvino
Level 1

The bank did change their name and URL, so I guess I’m needing to refresh the link in QuickBooks. How do I do that without adding in “new” bank accounts? There’s really nothing new. Just a different website. 

JessT

You’re right, Anthony. You’re existing connection uses the old link, so you’ll have to disconnect it. Then, update your Financial Institution directory to also update the URL of your bank, and then try connecting again.

Before you start, please be sure to back up your company file.

To update the list:

1. Go to the Banking menu, then select Bank Feeds
  2. Choose Bank Feeds Center.
  3. Click the Refresh icon at the top or click the Sync all for this bank from the drop-down.

Another option is to manually update the list. Please refer to this article: Update the Financial Institutions Directory in QuickBooks Desktop. Then, follow the steps in the Manual update section.

You can always ask more questions here. We're just around to help you.

Anthony Alvino
Level 1

None of this has worked.  I can't Sync All for the bank because the connection is looking to bbvacompass.com.  The new URL is bbvausa.com.

When I try to Set Up a Bank Feed for a new account, I search for BBVA and I get three options.  The first option is the old URL (bbvacompass.com).  There is not a new option for bbvausa.com.

I looked to update the FiDir.  The old bbvacompass.com URL is still in that list.  Can I change that URL in the text file?  Will that damage anything?

HoneyLynn_G
QuickBooks Team

I appreciate you coming back to us for additional support, Anthony Alvino.

The tools needed to create a request to update your bank website is only available with our Phone Support Team. You can't manually update the website because they have to sync with the database.

For the meantime, you can download the bank transactions from your bank and manually upload them in QuickBooks:

1. Go to the File menu and choose Utilities.
  2. Click Import and select Web Connect Files.
    1.PNG
  3. Choose the .qbo file and then click Open.
  4. When prompted to choose bank account, choose Use an existing QuickBooks account if the account is already set up or Create a new QuickBooks account if it's not yet added.
  5. Click Continue.
  6. When you see a window telling you that the data has been successfully read, click OK.
  7. Go to the Bank Feeds Center to check the imported transactions. 

For your reference, you can check the Import web connect (.qbo) files article.

That should point you to the right direction, @Anthony. Keep me posted on how the call went or if you have additional banking questions. I'm always here to help you further.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us