cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Community Explorer **
Solved

Bank Feed problems

Quickbooks is downloading hundreds of old transactions that have already been entered and reconciled. How to I tell Quickbooks or my bank to ignore these transactions? They are over a year old.

Best answer a month ago

Accepted Solutions
QuickBooks Team

Re: Bank Feed problems

Hello there, @disgruntled,

Let's get rid of the old transactions that were re-downloaded by deleting them from your banking feeds.

Here's how:

1. From all menus, select Banking.
  2. Choose Bank Feeds, then Bank Feeds Centerbankfeeds1.PNG
  3. Select the desired bank account you're working with.
  4. Click Transaction Listbankfeeds2.PNG
  5. Put a check mark on the boxes to select the transactions you want to delete.
  6. Click the Batch Actions arrow-down, then select Ignorebankfeeds3.PNG

The transactions showing on your page depends on what QuickBooks have fetched from your online banking account. I recommend reaching out to your bank so you can ask them to see if there's a way not to include older transactions to avoid duplicates.

For more details about deleting duplicates in QuickBooks Desktop, you can read through this article: Remove duplicate transactions.

If you need to match your bank transactions, feel free to open this link: Add and match Bank Feed transactions.

Please let me know how this goes by leaving a comment below. I'll keep in touch whenever you have additional questions.

2 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Hello there, @disgruntled,

Let's get rid of the old transactions that were re-downloaded by deleting them from your banking feeds.

Here's how:

1. From all menus, select Banking.
  2. Choose Bank Feeds, then Bank Feeds Centerbankfeeds1.PNG
  3. Select the desired bank account you're working with.
  4. Click Transaction Listbankfeeds2.PNG
  5. Put a check mark on the boxes to select the transactions you want to delete.
  6. Click the Batch Actions arrow-down, then select Ignorebankfeeds3.PNG

The transactions showing on your page depends on what QuickBooks have fetched from your online banking account. I recommend reaching out to your bank so you can ask them to see if there's a way not to include older transactions to avoid duplicates.

For more details about deleting duplicates in QuickBooks Desktop, you can read through this article: Remove duplicate transactions.

If you need to match your bank transactions, feel free to open this link: Add and match Bank Feed transactions.

Please let me know how this goes by leaving a comment below. I'll keep in touch whenever you have additional questions.

Community Explorer **

My Quickbooks Desktop version was a little different, but after manually adding and matching the current transactions that were valid I was able to hit the Delete button which removed all the downloaded transactions at once.  Thanks!