cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

Bank Feeds Desktop 2019

I am trying to recreate 2017 company financials for tax submittal and when trying to get Chase credit card transactions for some reason they were loaded under Chase Web Download from a different account number. I'm trying to figure out how I get those transactions under the correct account, Chase account ***4814 and reconciled as they were under Chase Web download. Am a novice at this and am looking for any advice to get me back on the right track. There are two bank accounts as Damascus Community was bought out by Old Line.

To say I have a mess is an understatement. 

3 Comments
QuickBooks Team

Re: Bank Feeds Desktop 2019

Welcome to the Intuit Community, @dstjean1

Thanks for sharing on-point details about your Chase bank transactions and providing a screenshot to get a better picture of your concern. 

I'll share the two options on how you'll be able to get the transactions from the incorrect account to the correct one. 

It’s possible the incorrect account was selected when downloading your Chase bank transactions using the Web Connect file. This maybe the reason you’re seeing the transactions under Chase Web Download, rather than the Chase Credit Card.

First, let's exclude the transactions from the Chase account ending in ***0273 and import a file from your bank into the correct one. Here's how to remove them: 

1. Go to Banking menu at the top. 
  2. Select Bank Feeds, then choose Bank Feeds Center
  3. Choose the incorrect account under Chase Web Download
  4. Click Transaction List
  5. Check the Select All box. 
  6. On the Batch Actions drop-down, choose Ignore

Then, you'll need to import a .QBO file from Chase into the correct account ending in ***4814 by performing the steps below:

1. Go the the File menu at the top. 
  2. Select Utilities, then choose Import and Web Connect Files.
  3. Choose the .QBO file you saved, then click Open.
  4. Select the correct bank account. 
  5. Click Continue
  6. Choose OK after the data has been successfully read into QuickBooks. 
  7. Go back to the Bank Feeds Center to review your transactions.

For more information, you can check out this helpful article: Import Web Connect (.QBO) Files

The second option is to merge the two accounts into one. I'd suggest creating creating a backup of your company file since the merging process is permanent. You'll need to switch the program to a "Single User" mode and the multi-currency shouldn't be turned on. Here's how: 

1. Go to Accountant menu at the top. 
  2. Select Chart of Accounts
  3. Please take note the name of the account that you'd like to keep.
  4. Right-click the account name that you'd like to merge, then choose Edit Account.
  5. Replace the account name with the one you copied, then click Save & Close.
  6. Click Yes to merge the account. 
  7. If you're receiving an error saying, "You cannot merge an account that has online information associated with it into another account", it means you have bank feeds activated. You'll need to first deactivate the bank feeds before merging them. Then, re-set up the account for Bank Feeds

For more details, here's a great article you can refer to: Merge Accounts.

After performing any of the two options above, you'll be able to recreate your 2017 company financials for tax submittal. 

Feel free to leave a comment below if you have other concerns, @dstjean1. I'll be around to help. Take care always!

Experienced Member

Will get back to this weekend. Thanks for the advice.

QuickBooks Team

Hi there, @dstjean1

Thanks for letting me know that you're going to perform the steps above this weekend. 

Please keep in touch with me how it goes after performing them, @dstjean1. I'll be here if you have follow-up concerns about this or should you need anything else. Have an awesome day!