cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Visit this post for a list of recent banking issues in QuickBooks Online.
gruns20
Level 1

Bank Syncing

I have to manually sync my QBSE with my Barclays Business account. I have just opened QBSE for my wife and hers remains synced with her Barclays Business account permanently. Why the difference?

Steve

9 REPLIES 9
EdwardR
QuickBooks Team

Bank Syncing

Hello Steve!

Welcome to Community.

Sorry to hear you are having trouble you are experiencing with QuickBooks Self Employed and your Bank account. When you need to update your transaction feed are you being asked to authenticate on each occasions whilst your wife's account doesn't? Can I check if you are using the same device each time as well?

gruns20
Level 1

Bank Syncing

Edward

Yes I am using the same account portal on my PC with two separate QBSE accounts. Both logging onto Barclays Bannk Accounts.

JamesC
QuickBooks Team

Bank Syncing

Hey Gruns20 (Steve),

With your wife's Barclays Bank account, when she logs into the Online Banking directly with Barclays,does she use a "Memorable Phrase" or a "One Time Passcode" (Pinsentry or similair).

Thanks,

gruns20
Level 1

Bank Syncing

We both use pin sentry, but one time I tried to use my card for her account which for some reason wouldn't work. I then logged in using membership number and password. Do you think that is why it remains synced?

Steve

JamesC
QuickBooks Team

Bank Syncing

If you were to log in direct to Barclays using membership number and password, would it ask you to do the Pinsentry security?

Effectively, i'd expect you to have to put in the pin sentry code every time you update the bank, given that you have to use pin sentry to log into the barclays website.

I've found your information from your name, i'm going to email you from the case i'm creating for our discussion, I've some more information i'd like to get from you.

gruns20
Level 1

Bank Syncing

I have just logged into my bank using passcode etc and will see tomorrow if I am still synced.

Hopefully that has done it I will let you know.

JamesC
QuickBooks Team

Bank Syncing

Please let us know how it goes tomorrow, I'll be back in work on Monday and can pick up any replies then.

gruns20
Level 1

Bank Syncing

Hi

You were right. The pin sentry gives once only login. I logged in using membership and passcodes and now the account stays synced.

Thank you

Steve

JamesC
QuickBooks Team

Bank Syncing

Great to hear!

If it starts misbehaving, or you have any other questions or queries, don't hesitate to post again :)

Need to get in touch?

Contact us