cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
laughable accountant
Level 2

Bank feed is not working

Well, after trying everything.  I found a fix for us.  Hopefully it will work for everyone else as well!  I disconnected all chase accounts by clicking edit account and then selecting the disconnect account on exit box then save.  Then I clicked add account, now here is the biggie... I chose JPmorgan when the list of banks comes up.  I had tried selecting the Chase logo account many times and it lets me log in using my credentials but would always say sorry try again later.  The JP Morgan link logged me in and then let me select the accounts I had chosen to be linked to my QB accts.  I did have one credit card account that I had forgot to delete and it would not connect so all of your chase accounts to have to be deleted first. 

I do hope this helps someone out there because I searched everywhere and found no good fixes until I tried this. 

TNT1
Level 2

Bank feed is not working

Hi,

I was wondering if you or anyone else has been able to resolve their issue w/online banking importing issues ????  To date, I still can not get it to properly work...without of course screwing up my current bookkeeping.  After callinga QBs C/S and speaking w/a rep, the onine banking began to work again however when importing the banking it Did Not pick up where it stopped working.  In fact, it over rode what I had current!!  Good thing I BACKED UP!!!!!!  And I noticed when I did get an import, it stated that my bank account(s) did not exist...but that's NOT true because they do exist both in my chart of accounts and in the Bank Feed center.  To date, I am Sill Very Baffled ?!?!  Anyone else????  SOS!!!!

TNT1
Level 2

Bank feed is not working

Hi ShaneG,

I STILL am not able to import banking transactions w/WF bank.  Well, that's not entirely true.  I can download and import banking transactions HOWEVER it will Not allow me to 'pick up' where I left off (2018).  It "all of a sudden" just doesn't recognize any of the WF bank accounts.  Forces me to 'create' a (new) bank account and Then it allows me to download transanctions.  For obvious reasons this is a HUGE PROBLEM!!!  This interrupts the fiscal year bookkeeping.  Because of this terrible issue, I am unable to provide proper reports and what not to my client.  I am beind on bookkeeping.  It appears I will have to "MANUALLY" input each bank income and expense...at the very least so I can get my client going on filing his Corp taxes (although he is already put on extension).  But the other major problem is the flow of the books.  What if someone wants to say, sell their business, and the books are "Off" because there is all these years of bookkeeping and then all of a sudden, Wham! It's interrupted.  Then you have to start up a whole other set of books with a beginning date from when the "Interruption" began.  That....does...Not....make....a....business....look....good....at....all.... !!!!!  In fact, that could 'make or break' a deal for someone trying to sell their company.  Thoughts??   ANY help or explanation or insight would be so greatly appreciated - SOS!!!  Regards,  Michelle

TNT1
Level 2

Bank feed is not working

ShaneG,

One more thing, the repeated error code is OLSU-1013

HoneyLynn_G
QuickBooks Team

Bank feed is not working

Hi there, @TNT1.

I appreciate you trying some tests and letting us know the results. However, since you're repeatedly getting the error code OLSU-1013, I recommend reaching out to our phone support. They can utilize more tools, such as screen sharing, to help us investigate the cause of the error. They can also create an investigation ticket if there are other customers experiencing the same thing.

To get their most current contact details, you can click this link: Contact the QuickBooks Online Customer Support team.

Let me know how the call went, TNT1. I'm still here to offer assistance if you have other concerns about QuickBooks. Have a good one.

HaveBlue
Level 2

Bank feed is not working

I have tried connecting to BofA numerous times to Quickbooks Desktop (now 2019) but it keeps rejecting my username/password that I use for online banking. When I try to connect the bank, the only option seems to be Bank of America - all other states. I'm not sure what that means or which "other states" that could be; if I'm in an "other" state or my bank is in an "other" state.

I have had to resort to exporting a CSV file from BofA, importing it into a spreadsheet I created that automatically converts to IIF and then importing the file.

FritzF

Bank feed is not working

Good day, @HaveBlue.

Thanks for joining this thread and for sharing the steps you've done to get this working. Allow me to step in and share information about connecting Bank of America (BofA) in QuickBooks Desktop (QBDT) 2019.

Just to confirm, are you getting any error messages when trying to log in using your username/password? The Bank of America - All other States is the option that'll show when searching/connecting BofA in QBDT. The system automatically detects your state based on your credentials.

In the meantime, I suggest reaching out to Bank support team so they can take a look at this and check why you can't connect your BofA using your Bank's username/password.

For additional information, check out this article for further guidance:

Please let me know how it goes after contacting them. I'm always here should you have any follow-up questions or concern. Have a good one.

setusupforsuccess
Level 1

Bank feed is not working

Anyone figure out how to get BOA to work? This thread was started months ago. Someone must have cracked the nut by now. Customer support told me to wait for an email when it would work again. Thanks

Rasa-LilaM
QuickBooks Team

Bank feed is not working

Thanks for joining this thread, setusupforsuccess.

I can provide some additional information about the problem you’re e experiencing with Bank of America.

To make sure I’m on the same page, are you referring to transactions not updating (INV-31103)? If yes, our engineers will release an update/patch this week.

I’ll personally monitor on this case and update the thread as soon as the solution is available. However, if you’re using the desktop version, I suggest following the steps provided by @FritzF.

This should point you in the right direction.

I appreciate your patience while we’re diligently working for the permanent resolution. If you have any follow-up questions or concerns, reach out to me. I’ll be right here to answer them.

hwhite
Level 1

Bank feed is not working

Have you seen a resolution to this yet?

RaymondJayO

Bank feed is not working

Thanks for joining this thread, @hwhite

I've looked into the entire conversation in this thread and I'm unable to determine if you're using the online or the desktop version. 

May I know the name of your bank? Is there any specific error message you get when you sync them? This is to ensure I'm able to give you the accurate response to your concern. I can also check my tools here on my end if there's an available resolution specific to your bank. 

If you're using the online version, you can manually update your account. This will help refresh your bank connection in the program. Here's how: 

1. Go to Banking from the left menu. 
  2. Choose the appropriate bank account. 
  3. Click Update. The program begins updating your account.

Since QBO is dependent on what your bank shares with us, it’s possible that the bank is experiencing some technical difficulties. To help fix this, you can log into your bank website to check if there are notifications or alerts that need your attention. 

For more other solutions on how to fix bank connection issues, you can visit this article: What to Do if Bank Transactions Won't Download

If you're using the desktop version, you can manually update your bank's connection to ensure you have the latest transactions in the software. For detailed steps, you can go through this helpful article: Update the Financial Institutions Directory in QuickBooks Desktop

Please stay in touch with me if you run into any hurdles while performing the steps above. I’ll jump right back in to help, @hwhite. Have a great day. 

shortib
Level 3

Bank feed is not working

I would like this solution for both Desktop and Online Versions of QuickBooks. I've been using QuickBooks since 2007, and help clients in every industry.  This is an ongoing problem, as there are Excel import options for other accounts, but not the accounts that really matter. I would like to get an Excel import option for bank and credit card accounts, because most banks and credit card companies are limiting the .qbo file options to download.  

Sometimes you have one client who can get the whole year, sometimes only the last 10 months or last 4 months, all from the same bank or credit card company. Some banks or credit card companies offer .qbo downloads to some clients, but the same bank or credit card company does not offer .qbo downloads at all to other clients.  It's a mess!

The solution is to let us import transactions in Excel into bank and credit card ledgers in BOTH QuickBooks Online AND QuickBooks Desktop.

I realize this solution will never happen, because Intuit is contracting with the banks causing this drama. That said, I've spent a lot of time looking for a work around, and this forum should stay open for the others who are also spending too much of their time that they can't charge to their clients to find a work around for the conflicting information we get from the same banks for different clients.

Mark_R
QuickBooks Team

Bank feed is not working

Hi @shortib,

I can see how it would be useful to you and your company to have the ability to import .QBO files without limitations.

At this time, we don't have direct control of the bank's decisions. It depends on the bank and credit card companies on which type of information they decide to share with us.

Also, I want to let you know that your voice matters and I'm submitting feedback on your behalf. For now, you can visit our blog site so you'll be able to get the latest news about QuickBooks and what our Product Care Team is working on. 

Let me know if you have other concerns or questions. I'm always here to provide help. 

Ranigold
Level 2

Bank feed is not working

Deposits are not being recorded, we're having to do this MANUALLY.  And in the Sales/Deposits, the deposits suddenly only show starting in 2018 and earlier, nothing is current.  It's been happening all week and I'm having to pay my bookkeeper to do the job I also pay Quickbooks to do.  I can't believe QBO are making a mess of my company!  Any chance this will be solved without my having to sit on the phone for 2 days with tech support?  And even then, there's no guarantee it will even rise to the level of opening a ticket??  Forget elevating it to "level 2" where people actually have tech skills.  So frustrating.

JaneD

Bank feed is not working

Hi Ranigold,

My colleague, juVielL, already answered and provided some recommended troubleshooting steps to the same concern you've posted in this link: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/banking/bank-deposits-from-transfers-not-recording....

Please let me know if you have any other concerns. I'll be around to help. Have a good one.

OfficeMgr3325
Level 2

Bank feed is not working

I'm having the same issue with a PNC credit card feed. I spent an hour on the phone with customer service only for them to have me completely disconnect the account (losing the data that was already there) and nothing fixed. Originally told me the "team" working on the issue said to check with my bank to see if it was something on their end but then ended up telling me that it is an issue they are working on and they will add me to the notification list when it gets fixed.  Very frustrating, especially trying to button up the year end!! 

Debating on dropping QBO and going to something else.

paul14
Level 3

Bank feed is not working

Why is quick books sending me USPS Mail to borrow Money?

Why do I get Pop Ups asking me to borrow Money?

Why are the giving me Pop-ups to purchase other Products?

Why am I getting Pop Ups to ask how I like the software?

How do I get them to stop bothering me on a daily bases?

Why do I pay them to horas me?

Iv'e been working years to get them to stop this and all my settings are correct. 

paul14
Level 3

Bank feed is not working

Why is quick books sending me USPS Mail to borrow Money?

Why do I get Pop Ups asking me to borrow Money to Stop?

Why am I getting Pop-ups to purchase other Products?

Why am I getting Pop Ups to ask how I like the software?

How do I get them to stop bothering me on a daily bases?

Why do I pay them to horas me?

Iv'e been working years to get them to stop this and all my settings are correct. 

GlinetteC

Bank feed is not working

Hi there, paul14.

It seems that this is a duplicate post and this has been answered by my colleague @ SarahannC. Please go to this link as your reference: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/account-management/just-got-two-pop-ups-today-tryi....

If you have any other QuickBooks related concerns, please post them anytime here. The Community is here to help.

simonhulse
Level 1

Bank feed is not working

Yup, similar problem here.  I connect to a number of different accounts with the same bank.  This morning I successfully downloaded from all accounts.  One hour later (after I had done a number of transfers) QB decided to only download from a couple of accounts and is just hanging there (not downloading) from the other accounts.  Can QB figure out what is wrong?  Of course not!  This means I cannot close the accounts for the month.  It's just one of the many things I have come to hate about the service.  I now laugh cynically when I see the adverts telling us all how wonderful Quickbooks is.  Pretty much all the accounting firms I speak to have the same opinion too.  Come on guys, just fix it, will you.  This is money we are dealing with not some scumbag social media website!

Shane79
Level 1

Bank feed is not working

We have upgraded our bank accounts to a higher level business set up.  Same bank and the majority of the accounts are the same.  I try our new login but the system will not let me sync the accounts we have in our old set up.  What do I do?  They are the same accounts, only a new login.

beiland
Level 1

Bank feed is not working

My account balances are not updating in my QB desktop 2019. I manually added the accounts, but they do not automatically update as transactions are made. Please advise.

IamjuViel
QuickBooks Team

Bank feed is not working

I am here to help, @markeq77.

First, can you share some information about your concern? I’d appreciate if you can share more details with me.

In the meantime, I've added these articles to help resolve the most common banking-related questions in QuickBooks:

Also, you can watch an array of step-by-step videos to learn your way around QuickBooks: Video tutorials for QuickBooks Online.

Lastly, you can visit our QuickBooks Blog to get updated on the latest product updates and feature releases.

If you're referring to something else, feel free to leave a comment below. I'm just a few clicks away.

jedpm2
Level 1

Bank feed is not working

I pay my bank a monthly fee to download my transactions into quickbooks.  When I called them and reported a OL-232 error, they indicated it was a problem on the quick books end.  Now I can not get assistance from quickbooks

Rasa-LilaM
QuickBooks Team

Bank feed is not working

Thanks for joining this thread, jedpm2.

This isn’t the kind of impression I want you to have when asking for assistance. Please know the Community has your back, and I’m here to get your bank feeds working again.

There are a few reasons why you’re getting OL-232. Let me share some details about what triggers the error.

• There’s a problem with your financial institution such as pending alerts on your bank feeds.
  • Problem with the FI servers or bank information is not updated.
  • Internet connection issue.
  • There’s a problem with one or more bank accounts in your company file.
  • The file from your bank isn’t compatible with QuickBooks.
  • An outdated version of Internet Explorer or you’re using an unsupported version of QuickBooks.

To fix the issue, we’ll have to check first the internet security requirements. This is to ensure you’ll get the best experience in QuickBooks.

Here’s how:

1. In your Internet Explorer browser, click the Gear icon or Tools and choose Internet options.
  2. Tap the Advanced tab and scroll down to the Security section.
  3. Make sure the box for TLS 1.2 is checked. If not, select the box to turn it on.
  4. Click OK.

Then, exit all open applications and restart your computer to apply the changes. Next, download your transactions. If you continue to get the same error, perform Steps 2-6 in the following guide: Fix OL and OLSU Bank Feeds errors.

I’ve included some resources to help resolve common bank feeds issues in QuickBooks.

Don’t hesitate to visit the Community again if you have any other concerns or questions about QuickBooks. I’m always ready to lend a helping hand. Have a good one.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us