cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted

Banking Interface

My banking interface between QBO and my bank was not working because my bank wanted me to change my password, which I did on my bank's website.  I also changed the password for my bank's website that is stored on QBO and it still won't interface.

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: Banking Interface

Glad to have you here in the Community, @hvsatreasurer.

You've got me here to provide some information about syncing the login credentials that  you made on on your bank's website into QuickBooks Online.

If you recently changed the bank account username or password on your financial institution's or bank's website for an account you connected to QuickBooks Online, you'll need to update the credentials in QuickBooks Online to reflect the change.

To do that:

1. From the left menu, select Banking.
  2. On the Banking page, select Update.
  3. Make sure you have selected the appropriate account.
  4. QuickBooks Online tries to connect to your bank to manually update your account.
  5. If Error 103 appears, select the Reconnect my account link and enter your new username or password.
  6. If no error message appears, select the Edit (pencil) icon next to the bank name, select Edit sign-in info, and enter your updated bank website username or user ID and password.
  7. Select Save and connect.
  8. Once you see a confirmation message, select I'm done, Let's go!

On the other hand, you can try to disconnect and reconnect your credit card account to refresh its connection. Here are detailed instructions in performing the steps: Connect and add bank and credit card accounts to QuickBooks Online.

Lastly, if the same thing happens, I'd recommend reaching out to our Customer Care Team. They have extra tools that can help isolate this matter. 

These resources should help you update and connect your bank account into QuickBooks Online.

In the event that you should have questions about this, or need anything else concerning QuickBooks, you can find me here. Have a good one.