cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
haskenazi1
Level 3

Banking Not Matching Transactions

A customer paid an invoice via Quickbooks Payments. 

I have an option to match the payment to the deposit or to the invoice. 

Does it matter which I choose?

Screenshot attached but ignore the 3rd matching option as that's not the correct customer in this case. 

Thanks in advance

2 Comments 2
HoneyLynn_G
QuickBooks Team

Hi there, @haskenazi1.

I appreciate you adding a screenshot. Let's work together in successfully matching the transactions!

Paying through QuickBooks Payments will automatically create a payment (posted to the Undeposited Funds account) that will be linked to the invoice and deposited in QuickBooks Online. Then, you will just match the downloaded transaction to the deposit.

Based on the screenshot you've attached, the invoice status is in Open balance. Most likely the payment transaction isn't linked to the invoice or the payment is for a different invoice, which is why it's still showing on the Matching screen.

Please check the transaction and verify if your payment account is linked to your QBO account

Let me know how it goes, @haskenazi1. Just click the "Reply" button if you need further assistance. Have a good one!

Malcolm Ziman
Level 10

@haskenazi1 wrote:

A customer paid an invoice via Quickbooks Payments. 

I have an option to match the payment to the deposit or to the invoice. 

Does it matter which I choose?

Screenshot attached but ignore the 3rd matching option as that's not the correct customer in this case. 

When a customer pays with QBO Payments both a) the payment (to UF) and b) the deposit s/be automatically created, so all you need to do is match to the deposit. What is odd is that it is suggesting  a match with the invoice, which does not make sense as the invoice should have been closed, with step (a) above, which means it would not appear as a candidate.  I suspect that this invoice that you say is a candidate is not the invoice that was paid.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us