cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Visit this post for a list of recent banking issues in QuickBooks Online.
aliciamg
Level 2

Banking Update

QuickBooks Online has been telling me to update my connection as they have a more convenient connection arranged.. I try to update and go thru all the security steps.. ... ... password, authorize etc.. it redirects and says something stopped them from connecting my bank.. and to retry... I’ve tried multiple times.. 

7 REPLIES 7
Rasa-LilaM
QuickBooks Team

Banking Update

Hey there, aliciam.

You've done a great job in trying to fix your online banking connection issue. To help you get back on track with using the feature, could you tell me if you got a specific error message?

This will allow me to check if there are reports of maintenance. In the meantime, you'll need to follow the troubleshooting steps found in this article: Fix online banking errors in QuickBooks Online.

Just go directly to Step 2, verify that you can log into your bank's website through the URL the bank has provided for online banking section to continue with the steps. If the issue persists, please contact our QuickBooks Online Customer Care Team, as they have the tools to check the connection between QuickBooks and your bank.

In the meantime, you can import your bank data directly into QBO using the Web Connect feature. For the detailed instructions, check out this article: Upload more than 90 days of bank transactions.

You can reach out to me directly if you have additional questions about online banking. I'm here to answer them. Wishing you the best.

aliciamg
Level 2

Banking Update

“Let’s sign you back in on your bank’s site. Then we’ll return you here and bring in your transactions. (571)”

this is is the only message it gives me. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Banking Update

Hi aliciamg,

Thank you for contacting the Community.

Can I ask which version of QuickBooks you are using? UK or US?

Thanks, Carly. :)

aliciamg
Level 2

Banking Update

US
JamesC
QuickBooks Team

Banking Update

Hi Aliciamg,

I'll direct your query to my US Counterparts now.

Thanks,

FritzF

Banking Update

Hello there, @aliciamg.

It looks like you did everything right to get this working. Let me help you update your bank in QuickBooks Online (QBO).

This typically happens when you closed out of the bank sign in window during the add connection flow. Allow me to provide a workaround that I know that can help isolate this issue. Instead of using the QuickBooks Online app try using a browser and log into your QuickBooks account and update your bank from there.

Here's how:

1. Open any browser.

2. Log into your QuickBooks Online account.

3. Select Banking from the left menu.

4. Select Update in the upper right. QuickBooks Online will update all your connected bank and credit card accounts. If you only want to update some of them, select to clear the unwanted accounts.

5. Select Update Now.
6. If prompted, enter your Multi-Factor Authentication (MFA) credentials (must be done within 2 minutes of box appearing) and then select Continue Update.

You can refer to this article for more information: https://community.intuit.com/articles/1614512.

That should help you fixed right up. Please let me know if you're still getting the error so I can try another step to resolve this. I'm always here to help.

aliciamg
Level 2

Banking Update

I don't see how this helps as I'm connecting this thru quickbooks online... im not actually using a browser or what?

Need to get in touch?

Contact us