cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Visit this post for a list of recent banking issues in QuickBooks Online.
debmedusa
Level 1

Broken connection with First Direct

For the last five days I cannot connect to my First Direct account. Connection to Santander account is fine.

On my phone I get an error message 101, but no error message on desktop. 

Any suggestions?

thanks

Deb

9 REPLIES 9
EmmaM
QuickBooks Team

Hello Debmedusa

First direct had maintenance on their website and have made changes to the log in flow which has changed from username>password>memorable word to username>memorable word>password, As a third party connecting to your bank we were not aware this change was coming and we then have to change in the QuickBooks the login flow to match the First Direct change.

There has been an escalation raised by our banking engineers we will add your company and email you when this is resolved

In the meantime you have the option of uploading a CSV to bring in transactions(on the guide go from step 2 in the attached article)

Emma

Frank24
Level 1

Can you please add me to the list for an update on the resolution of this issue please?

cheers

Frank

John C
QuickBooks Team

Hi Frank24

We would be grateful if you can PM us on Facebook or DM us on Twitter the email address associated with your QuickBooks account to enable us to add you to our product investigation.

alysandra
Level 1

Hello I too have this issue and have deleted my bank feed thinking this would mean i could easily re-add the feed once im able to log in again and now have no transaction lines or data for the last year and a half which is really worrying.. Am i able to recover this information? please notify me when i will be able to log back in. this is really frustrating too. 

BettyJaneB
QuickBooks Team

Thanks for bringing this concern to my attention, @alysandra.

I'd like to give some details about deleting bank feed in QuickBooks Self-Employed.

Once a bank account has been deleted, transactions won't sync automatically once reconnected. However, you can download those transactions again. Take note that when you reconnect your account, you can only download transactions ranges from 30 to 90 days. 

If you want to bring in data that precedes this period, you'll need to export it from your bank first, and then import it into our app. To do that, please follow the outlined procedure found in these links: 

I'd also suggest reaching out to our Customer Care Team so you'll be added to the list of the affected users of the ongoing investigation. 

Please let me know if you have any questions about these steps or anything QuickBooks related.  Have a wonderful day.

alysandra
Level 1

Is that what is says here then - https://community.intuit.com/questions/1758928-if-a-bank-is-deleted-from-quickbooks-self-employed-is... 

as the answer at this link suggests that once I've imported the transactions, someone at quickbooks can help me sync to business/personal as they were before. 

This is all of 2018-2019 and 2019-2020 to date so it is hundreds of transactions that i had synced. 

thanks, 

Alys 

John C
QuickBooks Team

Hi alysandra

We would be grateful if you can PM us on Face Book or DM us on Twitter with the email address associated with your QuickBooks account and we can add you to the product investigation relating to the issues with First Direct Bank.

We have reached out to our support team to see if there is a way to re-instate transactions and they have informed us that we would have to wait until the banking issue is resolved to establish if it would be possible.

CH29
Level 1

I have the exact same problem and am no longer able to connect to First Direct. 

John C
QuickBooks Team

Hi CH29

We would be grateful if you can DM us on Twitter or PM us on Facebook with the email address associated with your QuickBooks account. We will add your details to the on-going product investigation.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us