cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Not applicable

Can I have help by phone with transferring my files from Pro 2016 to Essential Online?

2 Comments
Established Community Backer ***

Re: Can I have help by phone with transferring my files from Pro 2016 to Essential Online?

Look for Contact Us from within your QBO Essentials and request a callback.

But what you have to start with is:

1. download free trial of QB2019
  2. restore into QB2019 a current backup from QB2016
  3. From menu bar> File>Utilities>Copy Company File for QuickBooks Online

Here is more info and all the step by steps. (unless you have run into a major problem you can do this yourself)

https://quickbooks.intuit.com/community/Help-Articles/Convert-QuickBooks-Desktop-file-to-QuickBooks-...

QuickBooks Team

Re: Can I have help by phone with transferring my files from Pro 2016 to Essential Online?

Welcome to the Community, @office60. I'd be happy to get you pointed in the right direction for receiving phone help with transferring data.

Here's how you can request a callback from an agent from within QuickBooks Online (QBO):

1. Click the Help icon in the upper right of the screen.
  2. Select Contact US on the pop-up. 
  3. Enter your question in the How can we help? field and choose Continue
  4. Click Get a callback.
  5. Enter your contact information.
  6. Select Call me.

Should you not see the option for Get a callback, you can toggle it by entering Support in How can we help?.

The following is a brief video to serve as a visual reference:

I'm sure that a member of this team would be happy to assist you with migrating the files into QBO. In the meantime, I'm including a link to a resource with multiple articles for transferring information from Desktop to Online: QuickBooks Import Resource Center.

Additionally, I want to ensure that you get the most out of QBO for your organization and recommend the following tutorials as they can help a user to get acclimated to the software: QuickBooks Tutorials.

Please don't hesitate to let me know if you should have any questions about data migration or anything else. Hoping this response finds you with a smile.