cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tena_Lewey
Level 5

Cannot connect all of my Bank of America credit cards

This is an Intuit issue and this has been an issue for just about 6 months now.  You can connect to the main credit card master account but that will not download any of the charges for the varied linked credit cards.. the cards varied people actually use.  The individual cards that were linked already before Intuit did whatever it did to break this, still work fine, but, you cannot connect any additional cards now, nor have you been able to for the above length of time.  Therefore, this renders the download portion of QBO ineffective at best.  Intuit might seek to contact bank of America perhaps and see if they can condense all cards into one download or better yet, discuss with them how exactly to fix what use to work but has not since their last updates to banking.

Tena_Lewey
Level 5

With Bank of America, as with most corporate cards, you must set up each credit card under a master account.  What Intuit is asking us to do now is to connect to the master account which does not and never will, feed in the individual card information.  BoA use to work perfectly until they had an updated about Oct to Nov of 2018. .. Since that time it has been broken and at this moment there is zero fix for it.  You must handle all cards manually unless you had some of them already connected.. those remain downloading correctly.  I am unsure what Intuit did to break this feature but after multiple attempts at calls with Support, Online with Support, Posting here on this board.. it still is not fixed.  I know they understand what is happening because I have taken them fully through the process and they have seen it for themselves.  Word of warning... If you have some individual cards connected, do not disconnect them or you will have to process all of that manually too.  What I might suggest is to use something like Veryfi.com to get the actual receipts into QBO or Desktop .. even then although it is nice to have the download so you can see what is missing.  At this time though, I do not see a fix in sight.  I am unsure if Intuit is even still looking at this issue, which is a real shame because it affects the ability of their system to help their customers.

Good luck.

Simar29
Level 2

I am in the same boat, problem started last Fall of 2018 and no resolution in site despite several attempts based on the various suggestions. This is very frustrating and unacceptable!

Charies_M

Hello there, Simar29.

Thanks for letting us know you're one of the affected users of the connectivity issue between Bank of America and QuickBooks.

This investigation is still in progress. Our engineers are closely working on resolving this as soon as possible.

I'll keep you posted once we received updates about this. If you're done contacting our QuickBooks Care Team, then you should expect an email notification from our developers.

If not, I suggest you give us a call so you'll be added to the containment list for an easy dissemination of updates.

Here's how:

1. Click the Help icon in the upper right of the screen.
  2. Select Contact US on the pop-up. 
  3. Enter what you're needing assistance with in the What can we help with? field and choose Let's talk
  4. Click Get a callback.
  5. Enter your contact information.
  6. Select Call me.​

Stay in touch with me if you have any other questions. I'm always around to help.

Tena_Lewey
Level 5

Tonight with my largest client I received notice to update the Bank of America Credit Card download information.  I did this.  What this accomplished for me was exactly nothing short of a mess.  It did nothing but break the bit that was still working.

When you connect with Bank of America.. all you see are the master accounts.. not the individual credit cards (did not use to be this way).  I tested downloading the master account by making a new account that did not have all of the sub accounts (individual cards) beneath it (hoping maybe that had changed and it would actually download individual card info).  What it downloaded for me was strictly and only payments on the credit card, credits and finance charges.  The detail of each credit card is now impossible to download.  It broke the other cards that have been working for years.. the same cards that managed to survive all the issues since around October of 2018.  While new cards I was having to do manually, at least the old connections still worked.. Until now.  

Now, absolutely nothing works.  It is completely worthless to download the few transactions you get from the master account.  We need a way to download all of the transactions for each individual account.

I have spent quite a lot of time talking on the phone and inside of QBO actually showing Intuit people how this was working or not working.

You must be able to download individual cards .. Like this particular company uses Verify.. and that verify sorts to the individual card.  it was nice to have the full downloads that way I knew when someone was missing a receipt.  Now, we get absolutely nothing of value from this Intuit/Bank of America download.

I fail to understand how Intuit cannot see that we must be able to download the detail for each card.. and that that detail will never download under the Master Card number.. you must be able to attach it to the last 4 digits of the individual cards that are on that master account.

Is there still work being done on this to fix it.. or was this "new and improved" download feature / fix.. suppose to be the answer?  If it was, it fails miserably.  

Please look into this issue and see what can be done to make this credit card download something actually usable by customers.

Thanks

JessT

I know how it feels when something’s working before will suddenly stop, Tena_Lewey.

As I’ve read your post, I can say that you know how Online Banking works because you’re a Pro-Advisor.

What is shown on the Banking page is based on what is sent to us by your bank. The update on your bank might have changed their way of sending transactions to third-party connections like QuickBooks. Other banks are not having this issue. And of course, it would be inconvenient for you if it will just be like this forever.

What I can suggest is to upload your client’s transactions for now via web connect to keep their records updated. 

On the other hand, for in-depth checking which requires seeing your setup, I would recommend contacting our phone or chat support for this particular issue. They have tools for that.

I’m still halfway around my shift, so I have a lot of time to talk with you about this and about other concerns.

Tena_Lewey
Level 5

I have contacted support via phone.. through QBO when inside the company.  This may well be something Bank of America changed on their side but obviously Intuit has not gone through the trouble to talk with BoA and seek to find a solution so this does not affect Intuit's customers.  BoA may well download for a checking account but the credit card system is obviously fully lacking.  I would think that enough people use BoA Corporate credit card accounts with multiple cards that this would be something Intuit would discuss directly with the bank's team and design something that would actually work effectively.  This issue has been going on since about October of 2018 and has only gotten worse.  This should be an intimate issue for Intuit because Intuit touts QBO as a system with this type of feature that is suppose to make the work load so much easier.  

I want to see some results as this has been going on and getting worse for 9 months now.

tabith123
Level 1

Yep... yep... yep...

My clients with the Bank of America credit cards have been asking me to change them over to Xero since January. One of them actually left Bank of America because of the issues with QuickBooks. I was on the phone with both QuickBooks and the Bank of America engineering team. You know what they did? They pointed fingers at each other and nothing got solved. They both told me if was the other's fault! Hours of this nonsense. I have been manually uploading transactions for months because none of the employee cards can be connected to QuickBooks. Do you know how much time this wastes just for this year? Not to mention my clients can't see their activity in real-time anymore. I have over 100 clients and a large portion of them have Bank of America credit cards.

I can't believe you guys are continuing to build out new versions of QuickBooks like Advanced and Self-Employed before you've taken the time to fix the most important parts of the software you already have. Unbelievable.

This is not Bank of America's problem. It's QuickBooks/Intuit for not working with Bank of America to resolved the connection to their own software.

Jenskipat
Level 1

I just experienced this same problem -- but we have 20 subaccounts.  Prior to June 2019, I could download all subaccounts.  Now, I can't.   I'm not getting any answers from either Bank of America or QuickBooks.  Something has definitely changed and they are both pointing fingers at each other saying it's the other program.  Total dealbreaker unless something changes back. 

MaryLandT

Hi, @Jenskipat,

I can clear things out for you.

Our Online Banking Team is still working with the Bank of America and we're unable to provide the specific estimated time on when this will be resolved.

In the meantime, you can import your bank transactions via Webconnect as mentioned by my colleague in this thread.

Once we found a fix, we'll update this post.

Thanks for your patience while we look into this.

Anya77
Level 1

Oh my gosh! I spent about 10 hours with QB reps on the phone to get it fixed...and nothing...I wish I have read this before.

Please fix it and go to Bank of America and get their engineers to fix that issue, this can't go on, you can't have many angry customers wasting their valuable time.

Tena_Lewey
Level 5

Thanks for letting us know that Intuit is still working on this. I hope a fix is pending soon. As to using Webconnect, that would be an actual nightmare when you also use a credit card capturing system for multiple cards that feed into QBO. The bank download serves as a prop for that, so you know what receipts are not in the system. You do not want to actually download QBO items just process them for the benefit of knowing what receipts are in and correct and which are not. I will continue to check on on this fix. Currently, we are handling this manually using the receipt capture system we have established for multiple users. It works. It is much much more time consuming but it does work. Thanks again
GraceC
QuickBooks Team

Hi, @Tena_Lewey.

I appreciate you for voicing your experience and for sharing the workaround that works best for you.

Although, I can't provide you with the exact time frame on when the permanent resolution will be released. I can assure you that as soon as updates about this ongoing connectivity concern are released it will be applied directly to your account.

On the other hand, aside from performing WebConnect to manually update your transactions, you can manually add your transactions directly to your bank's register.

Here's how:

1. Go to the Accounting menu.
  2. Choose the Chart of Accounts tab.
  3. Locate your credit card account.
  4. Click the View Register link in the Actions column.
  5. In the Date column, click the Add CC Expense link.
  6. Enter the credit card transaction details.
  7. Click Save.

You can check this article for more detailed steps: Add transactions to bank register.

If you have other questions, feel free to leave a comment below.

kellersmith
Level 1

I'm encountering the issue as well. It's obviously an Intuit software bug as countless users have so clearly documented. Intuit support folks, please stop posting the same messages to update or download manually. Actually read this thread and responses from users or better yet actually test your software with a real BoA account. You'll see for yourself that it doesn't work at all. BoA is the second largest bank in the US and Intuit has been unable to sync accounts for over 9 months. I don't know what your engineers are doing with their time, but they should drop everything and work on this non-stop till it's resolved.

RenjolynC
QuickBooks Team

It's always important to have updated bank transactions to maintain a good balance on your reports, kellersmith.

I've checked the previous investigation given on this thread and found that it has been resolved by our engineers.  

We also want to make sure this gets sorted out on your end. To do that, I'd recommend contacting our Phone Support Team to check your bank's connection further. 

Here's how you can reach out to us:

1. Click the Help icon located in the upper right-hand corner.
  2. In the Help window, click the Contact Us button located at the bottom.
  3. Enter your question and click Let's talk.
  4. Choose either Start a chat or Call us.

If you have other questions or concerns, you can always post it here. Thanks.

Tena_Lewey
Level 5

To my knowledge, this has not been sorted out.. If if has been, please respond again and I will try to connect all of the credit cards once again. Keep in mind that the fix where you can only connect the Master corp account is no fix at all. Last time I posted on this I was told that Intuit was working with BoA to fix it.. there was no estimated time though. If your fix is just "OH.. log in there and connect it" that is not a fix. I tried again very very recently and all you get is the Master account which gives zero detail for all the credit cards varied team members have as shoot offs of that master account.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi, Tena_Lewey.

Upon double checking my resources, the issue about unable to connect BOA credit cards has already been resolved. Since you’re still unable to connect your accounts, it'd be best to report it again to our support team. You can reach them out through the steps below:

1. Click Help at the top. 
  2. Select Contact us. 
  3. Provide a brief information about your concern. 
  4. Click Continue. 
  5. Select Get a callback. 

Please visit us here again if you have other questions.

Tena_Lewey
Level 5

To appease your curiosity I went into my clients QBO on 7.13.19 at 3:08pm and tried again to connect the Corporate credit cards to QBO. Just so you know, this is still certainly not fixed. You can still ONLY connect the Master account for any corporate credit card account. In order to actually retrieve any data from the system, you MUST be able to connect the sub-cards that are on the master corporate credit card account. This should not be something I need to contact Intuit about again. I have contacted them via phone, via chat and spent plenty of my personal time going over the details of the issues, actually showing them what happens, et al. Since this is actually an Intuit Community board, one would think that Intuit would actually read the board, see the issues customers are having and work to fix it. I was told very recently that Intuit is aware that BoA is still NOT fixed and that they were working with BoA to find a resolution but that they had no expected time of fix. Please go into any account that has a master credit card with multiple cards running off of it and you will see that NO data downloads if you connect to only the master account because there must be a connection to the many and varied sub card accounts in order to actually retrieve the data. Still not fixed. Please be sure the actual issue is fixed before announcing that it is.
MirriamM

Hello, Tena_Lewey,

I know this wasn't an easy process for you. I have faced the same problems myself.

However, since this is a public forum and my access are just limited, I suggest you get in touch with our Customer Care Support Team so they can open a new investigation and check your connection to verify what's causing the issue.

1. Sign in to your QuickBooks Online company account.
  2. Click the Help icon on the top right.
  3. Click Contact Us button at the bottom.
  4. Enter a short description about your concern.
  5. Click on Let's talk.
  6. Choose Get a callback.
  7. Enter your information.
  8. Select Call me.

For additional information, here's an article that'll help you troubleshoot when you can't connect to the bank.

For future reference, you may find this article helpful: Match and categorize your downloaded bank transactions.

I appreciate your patience, Tena_Lewey. Please let me know if you have any other questions concerning your QuickBooks Online account. I'm always here to help out.

Tena_Lewey
Level 5

It is not my connection. QBO will connect to the master credit card account. It will not connect to the multiple cards stacked below that main number, that actually carry the data. If you only have a checking account with BoA your in good standing because it can connect to one account. A Corporate credit card account is a different beast.
RenjolynC
QuickBooks Team

I'd like to share some information, Tena_Lewey.

In QuickBooks Online, connecting both the parent account and its sub-accounts are unavailable. You’ll get a message that the account is already connected when you try to connect them. I'm adding this article that discuss more about the bank or credit card sub-account setup.

If the bank transactions download to the individual accounts, you'll want to disconnect the parent account. Then, connect the sub-accounts. Please take note that all transactions in the For Review tab will be deleted. Also, if the transactions are beyond the 90 days period, you won't be able to download them into QBO. You will have to use the WebConnect feature to manually upload the transactions.

You can add or match the downloaded transactions from the banking section before disconnecting the parent account. This is to avoid any duplicate or missing transactions. Here's an article for more information on how to disconnect or delete an account from the Downloaded Transactions page.

To connect your sub-accounts, you can check this article that includes a video tutorial: Connect bank and credit card accounts to QuickBooks Online.

Please keep us posted for any additional questions you have. We're here to help. Thanks.

Tena_Lewey
Level 5

Thanks RenjolynC You have always been able to connect sub accounts of a Master credit card inside QBO. That though is not the issue. The issue is that ONLY the Master account shows when you log in through QBO. The Master account does not actually though contain any data to download, you must be able to access the sub accounts .. ie.. all the many credit cards on that master account, if you hope to extract any data from that into QBO. These sub accounts do not show when you connect to BoA anymore, although forever they did. That is all gone now.
Tena_Lewey
Level 5

Just to clarify. No one would ever want or need to connect the Master Account, only the sub accounts. Your correct in stating you cannot connect both of them... But, the parent account is more of a holding account and the only data you might get from it would be the monthly finance charge.. not the many and varied bits of data from each credit card on that corporate account. Hope that makes sense
dan10
Level 2

I can now unhappily add my name to the list of QBO customers with a broken BOA credit card connection. I have had multiple subaccounts connected for years now, but over the weekend all of these connections converted to one (ie BOA-7, BOA-6, BOA-5 etc all connected to BOA-1, the primary cardholder) and the primary cardholder's transactions were downloaded in duplicate on every subaccount. QBO support has not been able to help.

publishingsoft
Level 2

I have the exact same problem with QBO and BOA.  Unfortunately, I deleted the CC accounts and connected the BOA credit card account from scratch and now only the parent account payment transactions are coming thru and I have to manually enter the 2 credit card transactions.  SUPER frustrating that whatever change QBO made actually broke the BOA credit card connection and has created manual work.  Even more frustrating that everything worked fine on Quickbooks Desktop and only after I "upgraded" to QBO did this problem happen.  I guess I will have to go back to the dark ages and download a file from BOA and import it into QBO to try and minimize the manual input.   I have auto transfers set up on the BOA credit card account, so getting new credit cards with another bank is NOT ideal.

Need to get in touch?

Contact us