cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AlTa1
Level 1

Cannot update Bank Connection

QB is giving me an alert that I need to re-connect my bank accounts, but when I click the prompts to do so, it takes me to the Chase website and then I can do nothing further. I click sign in and nothing happens. The same Chase homepage keeps reloading. 

This has been happening for a week now. I have restarted, cleared cookies, everything, and it is still not working. Super disruptive to workflow. 

We have tried to call QB and after sitting on hold for ages, we get disconnected. 

Can someone please help me?

Thank you

1 Comment 1
Rasa-LilaM
QuickBooks Team

Cannot update Bank Connection

Welcome to the Online Community, AlTa1.

Thanks for sharing to me the resolution steps you’ve taken to resolve the issue. I want to ensure you can re-establish the connection for your Chase account.

I’ve checked with my tools and didn’t find any open investigations similar to your concern. To get the online banking working again, we’ll have to check what’s causing this unexpected behavior.

The process requires gathering of personal details which can't be done in the Community. Since the safety of your account is our top priority, I suggest you get in touch with our QBO Support Team again.

They have tools like screen-sharing that can help double check why Chase's website becomes unresponsive. Once they’ve identified the cause and find a fix, our support team will guide you through the process on how to rectify the issue.

To contact them:

1. Go to Help at the top, then click on the Contact Us link.
  2. In the What can we help you with? window, enter contact support in the field box.
  3. Click on Let’s talk.
  4. Select Chat or Call us.

In the meantime, you can use the WebConnect feature to download transactions and import them to your account. Here's how: 

1. Go to Banking on the left panel, then select Banking.
  2. Click on the drop-down for Update, and select Upload transactions manually.
  3. On the Upload file page, click on the Browse button and locate the file you’re working on.
  4. Select Open, then click Next.
  5. On the Map CSV columns page, make sure to match the account field to a QuickBooks field.
  6. On the CSV transactions for import page, select the data you want to import.
  7. Click on Next and Let's go!.

For more in-depth information, check out the How to upload more than 90 days of bank transactions article. 

This information should help you move forward. If you have additional questions about QBO, please post a comment below. I’m always ready to answer them.