Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
raviecharles
Level 1

Cant Import csv files

Hi,

I'm trying to import CSV files for my bank accounts but am unable to do so. For my National bank and PC Financial Mastercard, there is no response when I select the file. For TD Bank, it shows the transactions but when I click continue, it shows me an error.

Kindly help me solve this.

Thanks

Ravie

15 Comments 15
RCV
QuickBooks Team
QuickBooks Team

Cant Import csv files

Hi there, raviecharles.

We currently have an ongoing issue about unable to import CSV files into QuickBooks Self-Employed (QBSE). Our engineers are still investigating the cause of this issue.

While we are working on getting this resolved, I'd suggest contacting our QBSE Customer Support Team. They can add you to our notification list and you'll receive an email update for this one.

Here's how to reach them:

1. Click Help (next to Assistant) menu on the upper right.
  2. Choose Contact us.
  3. Fill in Ask a question (or tell us what’s wrong).
  4. Select Continue.
  5. Choose Chat method to contact support.

For more options on how to contact QBSE Support, you can check out this article: Contact QuickBooks Self-Employed Support.

I'll keep an eye on the issue and will get back to you if there's an update.

CBlue
Level 3

Cant Import csv files

''The date format you chose doesn’t match the date format in the CSV file. Either select another format or correct the dates in the CSV file to continue.''

I was having a very puzzling CSV import issue.

[EDIT : I found the problem on my own and I am posting the solution in order to help other people facing a similar issue.]

SOLUTION : look carefully at your entire data set. The list of rows may be quite long (several hundreds of rows of transactions). Some rows inside your CSV sheet might be missing a single Date. 

In my case : 2 rows deep inside my data set were missing a Date ex. dd-mm-yyyy (this was because they were initially coming from a SPLIT expense/transaction imported from my old Quicken Home and Business data file!)

Description of initial problem: 

Even tough I successfully imported several CSV files (5 or 6) into various Quickbooks Online accounts (ex. Savings, Chequing data sets) all of a sudden when I try to import a CSV file into a RBC VISA account, the QB system tells me the Date format is wrong.

I used the same Date format as in all my previous files. To see if there was a temporary glitch, I attempted all the following:

- I refreshed the software page and retried

- I resaved my Excel data set into a new fresh CVS file (to avoid possible file corruption)

- I tried different CSV formats (regular CSV for Windows and and CSV UTF-8);

- I tried different date formats : dd/mm/yyyy or dd-mm-yyyy etc

- I tried a regional date format starting with * asterisk  ex. *dd-mm-yyyy

- I even tried using a web browser to import the data set, instead of QB windows software, ---- nothing works!

What am i missing?

GlinetteC

Cant Import csv files

There is an on-going investigation with regards to importing CSV files, CBlue.

Our product engineers are now investigating to check the root cause of the issue so they can look for a permanent fix. I'd encourage you to give us a call so they can add your company file to the lists of affected users.

Here's how:

1. Click Help icon in the upper-right corner of the screen.
  2. Choose Contact us.
  3. Enter a brief description of your concern, then click Let's talk.
  4. Choose Get a callback.​

I'll make sure to keep you updated once I'll receive progress about this investigation.

It'll be my pleasure to help if you have other concerns.

kg13
Level 1

Cant Import csv files

Still not working for me. When I tried to get help they just referred me to an article where I wasted even more time trying to change things and make it work. This makes it sound as if it just doesn't work for quickbooks self-employed.... Can you just confirm this so I can move on and cancel my subscription? Also there is no way to get to the link to help as you describe above. It just sends to more articles that are of no use for this issue. 

LauraAB
QuickBooks Team

Cant Import csv files

Hello kg13,

Getting the answers you need to determine if a product is the right fit for your business needs is an essential part of managing your books. In this case, getting in touch with the dedicated QuickBooks Self-Employed team will ensure that you're getting the most up-to-date information about the product and the proper steps for adding your files.

Importing bank transactions is still available for QuickBooks Self-Employed, and you can review the steps here: Add older transactions to QuickBooks Self-Employed If you have trouble with the steps, I encourage you to reach out to support.

The ways for getting in touch with QuickBooks Self-Employed support have changed from the ones given above. I encourage you to instead review the Contact QuickBooks Self-Employed Support article to see how to best reach the team.

I hope that helps!

terragnosis
Level 1

Cant Import csv files

Hi, I'm having the same problem listed above. I have two issues. Either:

1) The upload box turns red and hovering over the Browse button says "Darn. File upload failed. (Probably our fault.) Please give it another try. If you see this message again, you may need to contact us."

2) If I am able to Browse and select the csv file then I get this error: "Error Importing" "Uh-oh, looks like we ran into some trouble importing this file at line Http failure response for https://ca.selfemployed.intuit.com/secure/txImportData/csvImport/887971: 422 Unprocessable Entity. Look for a date or an amount that shows odd formatting. Correct it and try again."

I've been through the csv files according to the solution presented above, and all of the instructions provided elsewhere.

I would happily reach out to talk to someone but when I try to follow the steps above to contact someone (Click on "Help" > "Contact Us") I don't see any place to click "Contact Us." The options appears to not exist.

AddieC
QuickBooks Team

Cant Import csv files

Hi there. Thanks for joining the conversation! Since you're using the QuickBooks Self-Employed product, the steps listed above may appear differently in your account. 

You'll want to reach out to the designated Self-Employed team by filling out the email form found here: Get in touch. Don't forget to select QuickBooks Self-Employed from the product menu. 

Alternatively, you can chat with an agent from the in-app chat support channel, as per the instructions here: Contact QuickBooks Self-Employed

I hope this helps. 

Cheers!

terragnosis
Level 1

Cant Import csv files

Ok thank you!

I actually was able to solve the problem by reformating the files based on the instructions here: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-ca/banking-currency/import-bank-transactions-using-ex...

AddieC
QuickBooks Team

Cant Import csv files

Awesome! Happy bookkeeping. :)

CBlue
Level 3

Cant Import csv files

If an error shows up while trying to import, sometimes, it's because the data is not formatted correctly in one cell or two (e.g. the date format is wrong, etc.) 

ssmilsky1
Level 1

Cant Import csv files

THis is the exact same issue for me and I have had two representatives try to help. One guy was able to adjust my CVS file to work and the other Lady just asked me to do the same things over and over however when I asked her to email me so that she could work on the file like the man did, she said No.. was pretty sure she did not know how to help me at that point. 

I have moved from quickbooks small business to now two subscriptions of self employed for two businesses however wondering if I will be able to use them or have to cancel both. 

I am unable to download past entries needed to use the accounts. 

Reading through the thread this was a known issue last year? Anything corrected?

Thanks

Fiat Lux - ASIA
Level 15

Cant Import csv files

@ssmilsky1 

Utilize the trial version of a converter app to isolate the issue.

https://www.moneythumb.com/?ref=110

LauraAB
QuickBooks Team

Cant Import csv files

Hello ssmilsky1,

Thanks for taking a moment to describe what's happening when you're trying to import CSV files into QuickBooks Self-Employed and how things have gone with support up to this point. It's important to me that this is addressed so that you can get to work in your books, and I can help point you in the right direction.

When it comes to issues with importing CSV files, I find it's often something with the formatting of the file itself that needs addressing. I've seen a number of users take advantage of apps like the one Fiat Lux mentions to help isolate and correct whatever the issue is with the CSV, and then they're able to import it without issue. Feel free to research and try one of those options to get back on track.

Additionally, if you have the email communications with the first agent you worked with who successfully helped you with your CSV, feel free to reference those to see if his advice works this time around if he shared with you the steps he took to correct the file. Otherwise, I recommend connecting with support again to try working with another agent, or you can request to speak with a supervisor if your situation still isn't resolved.

QuickBooks Self-Employed support operates using chat or email support if the issue isn't resolved in the chat and should be able to get you back on track with this. As a refresher, here's how you can get in touch.

1. Select the Assistant feature.
  2. Type and enter "talk to human."
  3. Follow the prompts.

Wishing you the best with this!

dgs1301
Level 1

Cant Import csv files

With TD Bank CSV files the problem is a mismatch in date format - TD provide MM/DD/YYYY and Quickbooks seems to want DD/MM/YYYY (Uk date format oddly enough). Set your date format to this using Excel and resave the CSV and it works.  Not a difficult issue for Quickbooks to fix...

lsterlingcoach
Level 1

Cant Import csv files

I had this issue too.  What I did was change the date format to match the one in the transaction file: yyyy-mm-dd.  And it worked.  What relief.

Laura

Need to get in touch?

Contact us