cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Experienced Member

Changed Business Bank Account and LOST all history.

I recently moved from TSB to Barclays for business banking and all of my transaction history has been lost on Quickbooks - I can't reconnect to TSB as that account is now shut but I've lost my previous 6 years of accounts. 
Is there any way I can get the history back?

8 REPLIES 8
QuickBooks Team

Re: Changed Business Bank Account and LOST all history.

Hello Dannyle1,

Did you delete the bank account from your chart of accounts after disconnecting?

Thanks,

Talia

Experienced Member

Yes, but I assumed the history would still be available. 

QuickBooks Team

Hello,

In that case, go to your chart of accounts and click on the small cog wheel at the top of the list, select include inactive within that menu. Find your TSB account and make it active. This should bring back your account history, you can then delete the balance adjust QuickBooks created when you deleted the account. You will need to keep this account active for you to readily access the information within it.

Thanks,

Talia

Experienced Member

Hi, 

This is only giving me the option to add the account again - there's no option to include inactive accounts - which I can't do now. 

Thanks

QuickBooks Team

Hello,

Could you please send a screenshot of your screen so I can point you in the right direction?

Thank you,

Talia

Experienced Member

Apologies for the delay 

Experienced Member

QuickBooks Team

Hello,

Ah, I can see you are using Self Employed. This product does not give you the option to bring the account back. Your only option to get this data back would be to upload a CSV file of those historic transactions.

Please let us know if you have any further questions.

Thanks,

Talia