cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
APAlison
Level 2

Chase Bank Feed: QB unable to verify Financial Institution

For the last week or so I've not been able to import the QBO file from Chase Online, either when using a QB browser or another internet browser. I receive a WebConnect Branding error: "QuickBooks is unable to verify the Financial Institution information for this download. Please try again later." I know there had been some issues with Chase previously but I've never had this issue until last week. Any work-arounds or solutions?

I should add: I have no issues importing the QBO file from our Capital One account.

7 Comments 7
MaryGraceS

Hello there, @APAlison.

Thank you for taking the time posting in the Community. Allow me to help share some information about the error you're getting when downloading a Web Connect file. 

Our product development team is aware and are working on to resolve this issue. They are working with your bank to get this issue corrected as quickly as possible. 

While waiting for the fix, let's try some workaround to import the transactions into QuickBooks. 

To start, let's update QuickBooks to the latest release:

1. Update your QuickBooks to the latest release.
  2. Back up the QuickBooks company file.
  3. Import the .QBO file again.

However, if you get the same result, I recommend reaching out to our Customer Care support. They have the tools to check your account and add your company details to our affected users' list. 

Here's how: 

1. Go to https://help.quickbooks.intuit.com/en_US/contact.
  2. Select your product. 
  3. Select your QuickBooks version.
  4. Select a topic.
  5. Click on the Get Phone Number button.

Rest assured that updates will be sent to you once this gets resolved. 

Thank you for your patience as we work through this issue. If there's anything else you need, let me know by adding a comment below.

troublesNY
Level 1

I called QB support. They insist on telling you this is Chase's fault and Chase's problem. It is my problem and I cannot wait for a game of finger pointing. 

Here is the fix.

Download the account activity from chase as a .CSV file.

Use a .CSV to QBO converter. 

Import the new QBO file. 

The converter I use requires some back specific settings so it take a few tries to get the QBO file correct. 

When you import the new QBO. Make it a new account but a sub account of the account you have been having trouble with importing to. 

BettyJaneB
QuickBooks Team

Hello there, @troublesNY.

I appreciate you sharing your inputs here in the Community about fixing the error when importing transactions from Chase into QuickBooks. This amount of information will surely benefit other users. 

Feel free to post again if you have any questions about QuickBooks or any thoughts you might want to share.

Thank you and wishing you and your business continued success. 

troublesNY
Level 1

I also found this post which explains the root of the error. 

“I researched this further, and determined that Chase has updated the .QBO format, and also introduced some errors. I compared with a previous .QBO file, and in the latest .QBO the date format is incorrect, as well as some other formatting differences. For example, please look at the tag <DTPOSTED>. The value (date format) as "01/16/2019" is incorrect. It should be something like [removed]00[0:GMT].

I edited the file, and when I changed it to GMT format (as the previous version), the import works without issue.”

JanyRoseB
QuickBooks Team

Thanks for getting back to us, troublesNY.

I appreciate you for sharing the information about the root cause of this error, and this will surely benefits other affected users. Rest assured that our engineers are currently investigating and working on an immediate fix. Please know that you're always welcome to post if you have any other questions. 

Wishing you and your business continued success. 

Aneal
Level 1

This is not just a Chase issue.   I removed the bank feeds as instructed for Pinnacle as well as Towne bank and when I try to set them up again, I receive this same message.

Hopefully someone from QB will know this and get this handled.  I can't imagine hand entering months of transactions for several clients.  

Mark_R
QuickBooks Team

Hi there, @Aneal.

I can see here that you’ve posted twice in which this is the duplicate post: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/banking/re-alert-resolved-error-quickbooks-is-unab....

You can refer to the resolution provided with my colleague.

I hope you can respond on that thread so you and my colleague can work with your concern together. Thanks!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us