cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TC11
Level 1

Check Numbers

My check stock has two leading zeroes.  Yet, when I enter it as the "Next Check No." to print a check, QB deletes the leading zeroes when it records the check.  Is there a way to add the two zeroes to the auto sequencing without having to re-type the check number in the check register?  For example, the actual check number is 006202.  When QB prints and records the check, it records it as 6202.

5 Comments 5
AlcaeusF

Check Numbers

Welcome to the Community space, TC11.

I appreciate you for reaching out to us about the check number.

I've tried this on my end and I also get the same results. This would be a great suggestion since I believe that the more flexibility the product has, the more it will appeal to a wider audience.

The more suggestions received, the easier it is to improve our products. So for this reason, I recommend that you send feedback through these steps:

1. Click the Help tab at the top menu bar.

2. Select Send Feedback Online.

3. Click Product Suggestion.

4. Enter a suggestion.

5. Click Send Feedback.

If you have any questions with your QuickBooks, please don't hesitate to reach out. I'll he here to help.

JCC47
Level 1

Check Numbers

How do I change the check numbering sequence.  It automatically started with check #1, but my check stock started with 10001.  I can change them each individually, but that is a pain, how do I get the sequencing to just go to 10002, then 10003, and so on automatically?  Thanks.

DivinaMercy_N

Check Numbers

I'm here to ensure you can change your check number sequence in QuickBooks, @JCC47.

To have your desired check number, you'll need to uncheck the Print later box and input 10002 in the NO. field when you're going to write a check. 

Here's how:

1. Go to the Banking menu.
  2. Select Write Checks.
  3. Make sure that the Print Later box is unchecked.
  4. Enter 10002 in the NO. field. 
  5. Enter the necessary info and click Save and close.

checkno..JPG

To learn more about managing your checks in QuickBooks, you can visit the Create, modify, and print checks page. 

Let me know if there's anything else you need in creating checks in QuickBooks Desktop. I'm always right here to help. Take care always. 

JCC47
Level 1

Check Numbers

Thanks for your reply, but I don't even have a 'Print Later' option on any of my menus.

Jovychris_A

Check Numbers

Hi there, @JCC47.

You may have toggled into the Reports tab, that's why you're unable to see this option when writing a check. I've added some screenshots for visual reference.

Make sure to click the Main tab beside it for you to get the Print later option.

Then you can follow the steps provided by my colleague, @DivinaMercy_N, to get you on the right track. Once you're on the right spot, you can now print these checks with their check numbers assigned.

However, if you're getting the same hurdle while in the Main tab, I'd suggest verifying and rebuilding your company file to restore this selection.

Here's how:

1. Choose Window and then Close All.
  2. Go to the File menu, then Utilities. Select Verify Data.

If you see:

• "QuickBooks detected no problems with your data," no further action is needed.
    • A specific error message, there may already be an article for it. Try searching for it in our QuickBooks Desktop support site for precise instructions.
    • "Your data has lost integrity," indicates there is data damage in the file. Continue to the steps below to Rebuild Data to correct the problem.

Once verified, you can refer to the steps through this article in rebuilding data: Verify and Rebuild Data in QuickBooks Desktop.

Keep me notified for more updates and tag me (@Jovychris_A) if you need further assistance. I'm always around to help. Stay safe and well!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us