cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Established Member

Connecting bank account

Hi, I'm having trouble connecting my business Credit Card to my Quickbooks Online account.

When I plug in my bank log-in information, it then asks me to provide an answer to a security question, however the security question that comes up is NOT one that I have set up on my bank account.

Why is it asking me the wrong security question? 

Thanks.

1 Comment
QuickBooks Team

Re: Connecting bank account

Hi there, @winstonvandyke.

Thanks for reaching out to us. I’m here to make sure you get the support needed, so you can connect your credit card to QuickBooks Online.

This is a Multi-Factor Authentication, an added security from your Financial Institution aside from your user ID and password. If the questions you're seeing aren't the right one, you have to log in to your bank’s website and make the necessary changes.

Once you do, the selected security questions should show when connecting your credit card with QuickBooks. If you’re unable to update them, I suggest getting in touch with your FI support for assistance.

Here’s an article with more troubleshooting steps about connectivity issues for reference: What to do if bank transactions won’t download.

That should do it. Touch base with me here on how the call goes, I’m happy to provide further assistance should you need it. Take care and have a great day!