Level 1

Direct deposit

How to set up direct deposit 

3 Comments 3
JanyRoseB
QuickBooks Team

Direct deposit

Hi there, Drg1.

Good to see you here in the QuickBooks Community. Let me help and guide you on how to set up direct deposit in QuickBooks. 

When processing direct deposit, you'll need to send the paychecks to QuickBooks Payroll by exactly 5 PM PST at least two banking days prior the paycheck date. This allows time for the service to process your payroll and transfer funds from your account into your employees' account. 

Here's how to set up Direct Deposit in QuickBooks Desktop:

1. At the top menu bar, click Employees.
  2. Select My Payroll Services.
  3. Choose Activate Direct Deposit.
  4. In the Verify Your company Information section, click the Edit option and update the Legal Company Name and Address to add the Industry.
  5. Select the Industry that most closely reflects your company's main business. Note: The zip code should be 5 digits only.
  6. Enter the owner's or principal's email address, Social Security Number, and date of birth (mm/dd/yyyy). This information is required due to National Automated Clearing House Association (NACHA) rules and regulations.
  7. Edit the Payroll Administrator Information and confirm the email address. 
  8. In the Enter Your Bank Information section, enter the bank account information that Intuit QuickBooks Payroll debits for Direct Deposit transactions and fees. This is your bank account that use to pay your employees. 
  9. Click the View Agreement link.
  10. Select the I have read and agree to the terms of service agreement checkbox.
  11. In the Check Security Limits section, answer the questions provided.
  12. Click Submit button. 

After signing up a Direct Deposit, Intuit makes two small withdrawals of less than $1.00 each from the bank account you set up. You'll need to check your bank account for the amount and confirm it in QuickBooks. 

Now, to activate the Direct Deposit you'll need to enter 2 debits, you can check this link for the steps: Enter direct deposit test debits in QuickBooks Desktop Payroll

However, if you're using QuickBooks Online version, you can check this article for the detailed steps on how to set up payroll direct deposit

This will get you on the right track. Please know that I'm just a post away if you have additional questions about the direct deposit. Wishing you and your business continued success. 

blazefireandsafety
Level 1

Direct deposit

it gave me error message three times saying "something's not quite right, try again later" this error message has happened to me over three times! Can't get ahold of anyone, need to get this matter solved. 

Joshua [Removed]

Archie_B
QuickBooks Team

Direct deposit

Hello there, blazefireandsafety.

I'd like to share and help you with your concern for today.

Currently, we don't have a direct deposit feature in QuickBooks Self-Employed.

If you're using QuickBooks Online and received the error message when setting up direct deposit, we can perform troubleshooting steps to fix it. First, we'll try to access and set it up through the private window of your browser. This will help us check if this is a browser-relate issue.

These are the keyboard shortcut keys to access a private window for your browser:

• Google Chrome & Microsoft Edge: Ctrl Shift N
  • Safari: Hold down  ⌘ Option 
  • Internet Explorer & Mozilla Firefox: Ctrl Shift P

If it works and let's you set up direct deposit using the private window, you can go back to your regular browsing window and clear its cache. This will remove outdated and corrupted internet files that causes browsing issues.

You can also try using other supported browser for a better experience while accessing QuickBooks.

Just let me know if you need anything else. I'll be around if you need help. Have an awesome day!

Need to get in touch?

Contact us