cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know why I am unable to reconcile? I have checked bank statements etc. I am at my wits end and unable to move forward with year end accounts

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
QuickBooks Team

Re: Does anyone know why I am unable to reconcile? I have checked bank statements etc. I am at my...

Hi coc1,

I got your back, and I'll help you with your reconciliation so you can move forward. Before we start, please read the tips for year-end reconciliation.

• Begin with the oldest bank statement, and reconcile month-by-month up to the most recent statement.

• The further back you start, the more likely you are to uncover errors and discrepancies.

• If you've reconciled at some time in the past year, you need to start from that point and move forward, reconciling against each statement, one after the other, in order, up to the most recent statement.

• If you're missing any old statements, you can ask your bank to reissue any statements you need.

• You might not be able to see all your reconciled transactions on just one screen in Deposits or Checks and Payments, but you can select Select Next or Select Previous to scroll through them all.

If you're reconciling since January 2018, you can start drilling on the month which you have challenges. Please select the article that applies to your scenario:

I'm willing to continue helping you on this. Please comment below if you have questions.

Re: Does anyone know why I am unable to reconcile? I have checked bank statements etc. I am at my...

Hi Jess

Thank you, I have reconciled March 2018 (our financial year is Feb - Feb), but just can't get April 2018 to reconcile. I have checked bank statements and matched and can't see a discrepancy.

It is possible something is amiss with the PayPal account and payments, but don't know what. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Danielle

QuickBooks Team

Thank you for the additional information, Danielle.

Please check your reconciliation report in February and March 2018 to see if there are amounts in the CHANGES column. These changes are from the transactions that had become unreconciled or added after reconciliation. They will cause discrepancies in your April reconciliation.

1. Go to Reports.
  2. In the search box, type in Reconciliation Reports and click the suggested report.
  3. Expand your 2018 reconciliation reports.
  4. Check the CHANGES column to see if there are amounts.

After finding out the changes, you can check your account transactions and find the one causing discrepancies. Then, change it to reconciled. I got a sample screenshot below to guide you on how to check your transactions.

Please let me know how it goes.