cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AZ3

Downloaded transactions function is not recognizing downloaded statement

Hello, I am trying to set up online baking.  I followed the set up steps and downloaded statement from Chase in pdf and Capital One transactions in .csv.  When I come back to the "download transactions" functions and attempt to import the data, both files show in in the download window but both grayed out and not available for selection.  I have followed QB steps several times, same result.  Any assistance?

1 Comment
Highlighted
QuickBooks Team

Re: Downloaded transactions function is not recognizing downloaded statement

I got you here and we'll have your transactions imported, AZ3.

The .csv file format is supported for uploading bank transactions, but not the .pdf format. Please download your Chase transactions again in a .csv format. Or, you can try the QFX, QBO, or OFX formats as stated in the article about uploading bank transactions.

Let's continue working on the page where you stopped. In this case, we'll have to use your CSV file from Capital One. You said "download window", do you mean the Upload file window in the screenshot? It's the only page where you can select your CSV file, and by the way, you can select any file formats on that page. But if you select an unsupported one, you'll get a message saying your can only try the CSV, QFX, QBO, or OFX formats.

Since we don't have any reported issues with selecting a file in the Upload file page, we'll so some basic troubleshooting steps.

Please log in to QuickBooks in a private browser and upload your transactions from Capital One. If it's successful, you can go back to your regular browser and clear the cache. If not, please try other browsers to see if this only happens to the one you use or not.

I'll be around if you need more help.