cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Established Member

Downloading credit card charges

I have 3 Chase credit cards - one is personal and the other two I use for business.

I am able to download the personal card to Quicken and so far unable to download the other two to Quick Books.  I've called Chase - they don't have a way on their end to do this and said to contact you.  Can it be done or am I destined to hand enter charges forever?

4 Comments
Established Community Backer ***

Re: Downloading credit card charges

I am able to download Chase cards to QuickBooks.  Make sure you are downloading to QuickBooks (results in a .qbo file) and not Quicken (results in a .qfx file).  Its an option when you download. 

Established Member

The problem is that I have one card info going to Quicken so Chase won't let me do the other cards to Quick Books.  I am hoping Quick Books has some kinds of work around.

QuickBooks Team

Hello there, @Caddie.

Let's manually download your credit card transactions to QuickBooks via Web Connect that you may consider.

While QuickBooks won't allow you to download credit card transactions, I suggest to manually upload the transactions. You'll need to download the transactions from your bank's website. Here's how:

1. Sign in to your bank's website.
  2. Follow your bank's online process to download your transaction to your computer.
  3. Choose transactions from specific or multiple accounts, or select a date range for transactions.
  4. Select a supported file type for the download file.
  5. Note the name of the file you downloaded.

Once done, let's manually upload the file to your QuickBooks. Feel free to read this article for your reference: How to Upload More Than 90 Days of Bank Transactions.

But if you're unable to get the required file types, you'll need to convert the file through a third-party application. To look for a third-party application, you can go to the Apps tab and search for any conversion tool.

That's it! Please let us know if you have any other questions about bank transactions. We're always here to help.

Highlighted
Established Community Backer ***

Chase lets you choose the file extension if you manually download the data.  It doesn't matter if you use Quicken, too.  You can do both.  

If you use "DirectConnect" then the download happens from within QuickBooks itself (and/or Quicken itself).  You don't  need to open the chase.com web site to access the data.  In that case you can also download the data to both QuickBooks and Quicken - the determination of which "file type" is done automatically.